Polestar Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I wonder what proportion of 7kW home chargers are tethered?...
In the UK even if you said 25% that's still a lot and it's more to do with destination chargers. .. I think they look at the EU as a whole and go "hmm 16a 3 Phase" .... maybe Brexit will be good fir us! (that's joke ... not a political statement - lets not go there!)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Exactly. Well done, VW (sarcastic clap).

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
98 Posts
As much as I agree it is annoying, the UK has about 14% of the European Union's population (just ignore brexit for a moment). If California had 2% more of the US population it would be equivalent...and car manufacturers wouldn't base their inclusion of a charging Cable on a standard that only Californian's cared about any more than they are likely to change things for the UK. At some point we might want to start worrying about how many car manufacturers are going to keep making left hand drive cars, I guess we have Japan, Australia and India to think for sticking with it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
And the whole of South Korea. They make quite a few RHD cars for themselves too :).

·
Registered
72 Posts
As much as I agree it is annoying, the UK has about 14% of the European Union's population (just ignore brexit for a moment). If California had 2% more of the US population it would be equivalent...and car manufacturers wouldn't base their inclusion of a charging Cable on a standard that only Californian's cared about any more than they are likely to change things for the UK. At some point we might want to start worrying about how many car manufacturers are going to keep making left hand drive cars, I guess we have Japan, Australia and India to think for sticking with it.
And south/eastern Africa

21 - 31 of 31 Posts