Polestar Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Had my local Volvo Roadside Technician out to check the car today. Good guy but was his first P2. Jacked up the offending corner and checked for anything loose or knocking. Nothing found. Took him for a 15 mins test drive and guess what. Shock horror. The damned thing didn’t make a sound, despite clonking loudly during short trips just before and just after. Only option now is for me to try to book into Volvo in Warrington for a thorough check of spring and damper. Great!!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,878 Posts
Typical!! I have a cabin full of rattles again now, which were supposedly fixed when it was at the dealers a few weeks back. So I have to book it in again for them...

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
265 Posts
Had my local Volvo Roadside Technician out to check the car today. Good guy but was his first P2. Jacked up the offending corner and checked for anything loose or knocking. Nothing found. Took him for a 15 mins test drive and guess what. Shock horror. The damned thing didn’t make a sound, despite clonking loudly during short trips just before and just after. Only option now is for me to try to book into Volvo in Warrington for a thorough check of spring and damper. Great!!
The clonking is a warning signal for the absence of a Volvo Roadside Technician.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well the offside rear is fixed but more recently it has developed a similar problem on the other side. I guess they didn't grease them all...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Please describe a liitle further what the greasing is about. I haven't got rid of all the noise. Is there some kind of documentation about it from polestar?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Update on my clonking. Took the car to Volvo Warrington this week for ADAS calibration following windscreen replacement and asked them to investigate the clonking. Chief Technician came out to reception, brief description of the noise and he immediately put in an order for a pair of new rear Ohlins without even test driving. Had an identical fault the previous week or so so knew exactly what it needs. £1400 a piece he said. On back order so clearly a pretty common fault and will cost PS or Ohlins a packet.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Any chance someone could record this clonking sound? I don't think I have it, but do notice uncomfortable booming sounds over poorly paved surfaces.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Update on my clonking. Took the car to Volvo Warrington this week for ADAS calibration following windscreen replacement and asked them to investigate the clonking. Chief Technician came out to reception, brief description of the noise and he immediately put in an order for a pair of new rear Ohlins without even test driving. Had an identical fault the previous week or so so knew exactly what it needs. £1400 a piece he said. On back order so clearly a pretty common fault and will cost PS or Ohlins a packet.
Ok that’s interesting. I’ve reported a noise from the rear to ps customer services on my p2 pp and am waiting for a response. Mine too goes into warrington so at least they will know what the issue is. Mines at about 1600 miles and it started recently. I’m not sure it’s a clonking however I’d say it’s more like a gagged duck that’s being trodden on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok that’s interesting. I’ve reported a noise from the rear to ps customer services on my p2 pp and am waiting for a response. Mine too goes into warrington so at least they will know what the issue is. Mines at about 1600 miles and it started recently. I’m not sure it’s a clonking however I’d say it’s more like a gagged duck that’s being trodden on.
Mmmm, not sure my friend in Ryebrook will be able to help you with that description!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thought I’d add a new suspension noise to the thread (no ducks harmed in the process) - sounds like a clunk or clatter from the front but only on shallow, flat pot holes! Sods law, I couldn’t find an appropriate pot hole near the dealers last week to show them, so they found nothing wrong.
It’s particularly noticeable at low speeds with the windows down. Sounds like a builders van on the right bit of road, which is not exactly the reason I would like it to be turning heads 😡.
Anyone else got a similar noise resolved?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If it’s a PP car Rich there’s a fair chance it’s one of your Ohlins failed like mine.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts