Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From those of you with TCAM issues, I would like to know how many times your cars have failed to start and also hear from those of you that have had no problems. We see a lot about the people having issues but would be nice to hear how many have no issues as well.

·
Registered
2021 launch edition , Snow , Leather , No PP , hitch
140 Posts
11 months, 23000km and happened twice( October and February) without LTE and gps but the car is keep driving normal. The story of people with no detected keys freak me out a bit but i think it s more with OTA 2.0 and not happening such frequently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased the car on April 8th of this year, and had a TCAM issue on the 22nd of April. Took it back to the space within two days, they did the battery reset and has been working just find since then. Knock on wood!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Hi, had the car for 6 months. TCAM specific issues, 1 day no data or connectivity but car worked fine beside this. Didn’t do a 12v and tcam reset and data was up the next day. Hasn’t gone out again or caused any other issues.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Driven 9k miles and 7 months of ownership, only lost LTE once which was fixed by Infotainment reboot.

The only other issues I recall that required Tcam reset via the front demister button was the AC charge Amp stuck on 6amps, no issues LTE, Bluetooth or GPS at the time.

·
Registered
Dual Motor | Snow | Plus/Pilot/Performance
366 Posts
No TCAM issues. Sometimes it takes a minute for the car to acquire a connection in remote areas but that's probably not the car's fault.
Since the 2.0 update I've had an issue with key detection once. It wouldn't start until I got out of the car, locked the doors and tried again.

·
Registered
375 Posts
No TCAM issues. Sometimes it takes a minute for the car to acquire a connection in remote areas but that's probably not the car's fault.
Since the 2.0 update I've had an issue with key detection once. It wouldn't start until I got out of the car, locked the doors and tried again.
I've never experienced the no key detected issue until 2.0 too, however I discovered the issue for me was caused by the rear passenger door being not closed fully.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Snow, Pilot and Plus Packs
84 Posts
From those of you with TCAM issues, I would like to know how many times your cars have failed to start and also hear from those of you that have had no problems. We see a lot about the people having issues but would be nice to hear how many have no issues as well.
6 months in and I don’t want to jinx it, but no issues. I watch Bjorn Nyland on YouTube and he had a video that recommended preconditioning an EV every couple of days from a car’s app to activate the 12v battery from time to time. I do this out of paranoia every couple of days if I haven’t used the car. Gives me a little reassurance after reading on here about the issues folks have had 😬

·
Registered
621 Posts
I got my P2 April 16th and about a week later my TCAM went bad and none of the reset procedures worked. Took it back to the Space and they said the telecommunication module in the shark fin went bad. Apparently that seems to be happening frequently. I was the 6th one to have that repair performed at the DC Space this month.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 LRSM, pilot + plus
30 Posts
Picked up 2022 LRSM on April 30.
TCAM issue appeared on May 11, approximately 2000 km.
Tried infotainment reboot + defroster 30 seconds, didn’t work.
Tried pulling fuse 27 for 15 minutes, didn’t work.
Service scheduled on May 24.

·
Registered
343 Posts
~7000 miles and 1 year of ownership, faulty TCAM replaced on delivery day (May 2021). No issues since.

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Midnight Pilot Plus MY22
72 Posts
6 months in and I don’t want to jinx it, but no issues.
I didn’t want to jinx it either, which is why I didn’t reply yet. However… Just thinking about it seems to have jinxed it: today, 2 months and 1800 km in, I had my first TCAM outage…😲

Did several resets (just the entertainment system, the defrost button, both in a row, …) but to no avail. About an hour after my last reset, it seems to finally come back to live - donno why it waited so long…

Regarding the reason(s) for the outage, the only real difference with the first 2 months is that today was our first “hot” day, here in Belgium: 28 degrees C. Did any of the TCAM outage victims see any link to temperature?

[Note to the moderators: could the most current TCAM reset procedure (i.e. the one working with P2.0) be pinned in the forum? Now it’s sifting through several posts with “definitive” procedures that are all slightly different…]

·
Registered
343 Posts
I didn’t want to jinx it either, which is why I didn’t reply yet. However… Just thinking about it seems to have jinxed it: today, 2 months and 1800 km in, I had my first TCAM outage…😲

Did several resets (just the entertainment system, the defrost button, both in a row, …) but to no avail. About an hour after my last reset, it seems to finally come back to live - donno why it waited so long…

Regarding the reason(s) for the outage, the only real difference with the first 2 months is that today was our first “hot” day, here in Belgium: 28 degrees C. Did any of the TCAM outage victims see any link to temperature?

[Note to the moderators: could the most current TCAM reset procedure (i.e. the one working with P2.0) be pinned in the forum? Now it’s sifting through several posts with “definitive” procedures that are all slightly different…]
Different than this one? 12V/TCAM BATTERY DISCONNECT PROCESS

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Midnight Pilot Plus MY22
72 Posts
That’s the method of last resort, if “just” resetting doesn’t work.

I was referring to the “just resetting” part, which had different versions on the forum. When I noticed my LTE was down, it was hard to find the correct procedure. Perhaps the one in the FAQ pinned thread is still ok, but since that didn’t help at first, I had to keep looking for alternative approaches that were documented in other threads…

·
Registered
343 Posts
That’s the method of last resort, if “just” resetting doesn’t work.

I was referring to the “just resetting” part, which had different versions on the forum. When I noticed my LTE was down, it was hard to find the correct procedure. Perhaps the one in the FAQ pinned thread is still ok, but since that didn’t help at first, I had to keep looking for alternative approaches that were documented in other threads…
Ah, I misunderstood, sorry. Last I heard, it is still holding the windshield defrost button, but I get what you are asking now.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts