Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Would be nice when ppl post issues with this, they post their Year, SM/DM, Packs, location, Build date, so we can see if there is a certain model/area that is having this issue.

2022 PS2 DM, Plus, Pilot, Miami, FL, Built 2/22...No issue so far, but its been only 5 days. lol

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Would be nice when ppl post issues with this, they post their Year, SM/DM, Packs, location, Build date, so we can see if there is a certain model/area that is having this issue.

2022 PS2 DM, Plus, Pilot, Miami, FL, Built 2/22...No issue so far, but its been only 5 days. lol
Folks have tried to draw out what might be the pattern of issues for ~1.5-2 years now and there really isn't a discernible pattern in it.
it does seem we have more reports of outright TCAM hardware failures, and lately the issues are more being reported by N America, where before it was mostly UK. But really it's kind of random.

importantly, despite there being folds higher Polestars on the road now, the forum has been relatively quieter when it comes to TCAM issues than it was in the past (if you could believe it), suggesting that folks are able to fix things themselves and/or that the latest software is truly more stable than it was in the past.

As for me, I've had a few extended TCAM outages, all in my earlier VIN car. I had one episode of the keys not being recognized for a while in my newer car. Since that and the most recent software updates things have been stable.... but I still hold my breath when I see the empty triangle icon....

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Midnight Pilot Plus MY22
71 Posts

Sure: for me, those details are in my account info on the left of each of my posts… ;)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yep, most of us have it in our info under our icon, or in our signature block (me) :cool: .

·
Registered
14 Posts
No problems for 1st month. After version 2.0 software install, rash of random problems (above every 3 days) consisting of loss of LTE service and loss of audio. Then slowly over 3 weeks the problems got more and more seldom. Very strange. Each problem was fixed solely by long home hold reset.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Got my car back from its 18k mi service (done at >19k mi because logistics). When picking up I chatted with the service folks at Volvo and yeah they’re still seeing a bunch of TCAM issues. It’s really the only thing they’re seeing consistently from Polestars, and it’s also affecting all the newer Volvos. they haven’t noticed any particular pattern or change in frequency of the issues in the last few months. Just that their lot is full of cars with TCAM outages…

·
Registered
MY21, Midnight PP Nappa
127 Posts
10 months 9000 miles. Had the tcam crap out twice. Once just being around home and it wasn't a big deal, was fine in a day or so. 2nd time was the day I decided to go on a fun drive around big bear with a friend, it was really inconvenient.

My car does not respond to the defroster reset technique ever since it was discovered. This was very inconvenient when I had trouble with keys not being detected. Had to pull the 12v and disconnect the tcam backup battery.

If it happens again I will be sending it in to have it replaced.

·
Registered
MY22-LRSM-pilot/plus-20"-void
32 Posts
Two weeks into ownership I've had no network service three times (!). The first two a simple infotainment reset fixed it. Yesterday I drove home from work - all was fine. Stopped at a grocery store for 10 mins, when I got back in the car; no internet! This time infotainment reset did not fix it. Tried TCAM reset multiple times. Got the SOS to blink red (first slowly blinking, then rapidly blinking) but no fix :( Sat for half an hour outside the store trying many times. Finally I gave up, cursed the car and drove home pissed. This morning, everything was fine again 🤷‍♂️

Three fallouts in two weeks is not good, nor acceptable. I'm nervous every time I start the car looking at the network signal triangle. I predict a service in the near future if this persists, but reports from users saying it has gotten more stabile over time gives me hope.

I very much agree with users who have been asking; why don't the simply put a "TCAM reset" function in the settings of the car, when this crap has been a known issue since the release of the car? That way people wouldn't have to fiddle about with defroster etc. not knowing if they did it correctly or not..

·
Registered
371 Posts
Two weeks into ownership I've had no network service three times (!). The first two a simple infotainment reset fixed it. Yesterday I drove home from work - all was fine. Stopped at a grocery store for 10 mins, when I got back in the car; no internet! This time infotainment reset did not fix it. Tried TCAM reset multiple times. Got the SOS to blink red (first slowly blinking, then rapidly blinking) but no fix :( Sat for half an hour outside the store trying many times. Finally I gave up, cursed the car and drove home pissed. This morning, everything was fine again 🤷‍♂️

Three fallouts in two weeks is not good, nor acceptable. I'm nervous every time I start the car looking at the network signal triangle. I predict a service in the near future if this persists, but reports from users saying it has gotten more stabile over time gives me hope.

I very much agree with users who have been asking; why don't the simply put a "TCAM reset" function in the settings of the car, when this crap has been a known issue since the release of the car? That way people wouldn't have to fiddle about with defroster etc. not knowing if they did it correctly or not..
There seems to be a coincidence yesterday, I posted a message in the morning about not having any significant TCam outages since owning the car October 2021. I had similar thoughts like @DoubleYou thinking if I post a message I will get jinxed. But I decided to post it, yesterday afternoon I lost LTE connection, tried the infotainment screen reset which fixed the issue I had only had the one time. This didn't work, tried multiple times including the front demister button.
What I did notice is there was no LTE in the car yesterday afternoon/evening. The connection was restored late in the evening. However I was able use my phone app to retrieve the SOC and the car location. So is there another data connection in the car on top of the LTE?

·
Registered
P*2 LRDM Midnight Pilot Plus MY22
71 Posts
There seems to be a coincidence yesterday, I posted a message in the morning about not having any significant TCam outages since owning the car October 2021. I had similar thoughts like @DoubleYou thinking if I post a message I will get jinxed. But I decided to post it, yesterday afternoon I lost LTE connection, tried the infotainment screen reset which fixed the issue I had only had the one time. This didn't work, tried multiple times including the front demister button.
I feel slightly relieved that writing or thinking about it yielded the same result... :p

I assume that in the UK you don't have Deutsche Telekom as LTE provider, like we do in Belgium , or do you?

What I did notice is there was no LTE in the car yesterday afternoon/evening. The connection was restored late in the evening. However I was able use my phone app to retrieve the SOC and the car location. So is there another data connection in the car on top of the LTE?
There is also a direct connection between the phone/app and the car. Not sure if it's using the Bluetooth or something else, but others can comment on that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I assume that in the UK you don't have Deutsche Telekom as LTE provider, like we do in Belgium , or do you?
The LTE connection is provided by T mobile here in the UK.

I don't think the car location and SOC is sent to the phone via Bluetooth because I was very far away from the car when I checked the phone app (1 mile away). During yesterday afternoon and evening I had no LTE, during this time I parked up at a local town and when to the shops, during which I checked the car SOC and location and it was being updated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Weird. I've had mine for 2 months with no outage and then, yesterday afternoon, nothing. No amount of resets fixed it. Then, bizarrely, everything working again this morning meaning that this weekend's planned tear the car apart reset isn't required. Phew.

On reading the recent post from the UK above, it does seem rather odd that we both had outages over the last 24 hours. Hopefully service, rather then vehicle related!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Strange, I had the same LTE outage in Luxembourg yesterday afternoon. It restored itself. Not a total TCAM failure, since gps was up and charge limit did not go to 6A.

·
Registered
371 Posts
With multiple reports of LTE outages yesterday, these must surely be related to T-mobile/Polestar network or sever fault rather than the car? Mine first happen around 1 to 2pm in yesterday afternoon. It was out until 7pm or around that time. During this period I did multiple TCam resets to no avail.
But the odd thing is the car location and SOC was being updated to the phone app. So the car seemed to have some data connection.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
With multiple reports of LTE outages yesterday, these must surely be related to T-mobile/Polestar network or sever fault rather than the car? Mine first happen around 1 to 2pm in yesterday afternoon. It was out until 7pm or around that time. During this period I did multiple TCam resets to no avail.
But the odd thing is the car location and SOC was being updated to the phone app. So the car seemed to have some data connection.
Mine was working fine yesterday so must have been limited to areas or models affected. I was in West London all day near Heathrow and spent 3 hours in Tesco’s charging and working from the car and then spent 3 hours on a stupid conference call whilst sitting in a different car park lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Folks have tried to draw out what might be the pattern of issues for ~1.5-2 years now and there really isn't a discernible pattern in it.
it does seem we have more reports of outright TCAM hardware failures, and lately the issues are more being reported by N America, where before it was mostly UK. But really it's kind of random.

importantly, despite there being folds higher Polestars on the road now, the forum has been relatively quieter when it comes to TCAM issues than it was in the past (if you could believe it), suggesting that folks are able to fix things themselves and/or that the latest software is truly more stable than it was in the past.

As for me, I've had a few extended TCAM outages, all in my earlier VIN car. I had one episode of the keys not being recognized for a while in my newer car. Since that and the most recent software updates things have been stable.... but I still hold my breath when I see the empty triangle icon....
Oh OK, hope I dont have any issues. 6 days now and everything is still working. Even the digital key has been flawless.

Sure: for me, those details are in my account info on the left of each of my posts… ;)
Yep, most of us have it in our info under our icon, or in our signature block (me) :cool: .
Sure, but I dont see build date or location??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've never experienced the no key detected issue until 2.0 too, however I discovered the issue for me was caused by the rear passenger door being not closed fully.
This literally just happened to me over the weekend. picked up my car on friday. was showing the car to my family. upon them wanting to go around for a test drive i tried to start the car and received the message. i literally had everyone get out of the car, then got back into the car, same issue. turned out one of the rear doors was not closed all the way.

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
Mine was shocking when first delivered. To the point I was honestly looking at throwing in the towel.

It's been rock solid now though for at least six months - my only outages are when everyone else also has an outage (like yesterday afternoon) or if I've left the car parked underground (where a TCAM reset always eventually solves it).

·
Registered
PS2 '22 | Snow | PPP | Napa Leather
209 Posts
2 months, 3k miles - pretty good & happy. Needed 1 dealer tcam reset about 2 weeks in on 1.9, and on 1.9 I had to do a few reboots which thankfully brought the tcam back into service (I had lost GPS, data, etc). No issues since, I feel like the 2.0 update had a big improvement in the car's ability to cycle and manage the tcam unit. I also had to let the car sit for a week untouched and this had no impact on tcam (e.g. if tcam battery got low, car recharged it or otherwise managed the situation).

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dec 2020 car and simply awful tne first few months and patchy outages until about June. Better though the rest of last year and into this with a recent big outage a few weeks ago just after the update to V2.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts