Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

Registered
P*2 LRDM Midnight Pilot Plus MY22
The LTE connection is provided by T mobile here in the UK.
Aha, T-Mobile == Deutsche Telekom, so we all (including those reports coming in in this thread) had the outage in the same time frame (yesterday afternoon). Then it must have been the service or back end and not our P*s... Phew... 馃槄

Registered
P*2 LRDM Midnight Pilot Plus MY22
Sure, but I dont see build date or location??
For me, location == Belgium (see the flag icon), which is about the size of a small city in the US, so that should be specific enough... 馃槣
Not sure about the build date, though. Where can we find it?

Registered
PS2 '22 | Snow | PPP | Napa Leather
importantly, despite there being folds higher Polestars on the road now, the forum has been relatively quieter when it comes to TCAM issues than it was in the past (if you could believe it), suggesting that folks are able to fix things themselves and/or that the latest software is truly more stable than it was in the past.
agree. I'm suspecting that with the (much) better stability / recycling in 2.0, that issues now are down to bad units / batteries and some other finer stability issues that may be uncovered over time (question is whether the in-car TCAM reset by the user does anything now that 2.0 would not do given a few days). I was going to do a poll to see whether there were still issues but suspect there will be due to bad unit or batteries, mixed in with the occasional server or network provider outage. But since it may be hard for drivers to discern the root cause, wasn't sure whether it would mean anything. But I do think 2.0 has helped quite a bit just managing the day-to-day.

Registered
No problems for three months and ~ 3500 mi, last weekend got in the car for an errand a couple of miles away, got out of the car and it wouldn't look, and when I got back in I had the "SOS eCall" and Key not Found messages. I was able to drive it by putting the key n the cup holder. Called the 800 number and they could only guess the key battery was out (after 3 months) so I tried the second one, same issue. Finally tried the full TCAM reset method after searching through these forums, and it worked fine, no issue since then.

This was on a Saturday and there was no service center open, I finally talked to someone Monday morning and they said a SW fix should be coming (I already have 2.0, and didn't apparently this didn't make 2.1), but otherwise what I did was the only way to handle it.

Registered
I've had my 2022 since late Feb, just over 5000km driven. I've had loss of GPS/LTE, if I recall, a total of 4 times. The reset process worked every time for me since P1.8, 1.9 and now 2.0. Press the front defrost once and then press and hold again for what seems like an eternity (35 seconds). The SOS button on the roof flashes red, release the the defrost button and let it reboot. 2 minutes later, back in business...

I'll add that 1.9 and 2.0 happened OTA without drama. It's now June 21 and still no 2.1. C'mon CarPlay, fingers crossed it deploys smoothly soon.

Registered
SRSM, Midnight, Plus
I've had my 2022 since late Feb, just over 5000km driven. I've had loss of GPS/LTE, if I recall, a total of 4 times. The reset process worked every time for me since P1.8, 1.9 and now 2.0. Press the front defrost once and then press and hold again for what seems like an eternity (35 seconds). The SOS button on the roof flashes red, release the the defrost button and let it reboot. 2 minutes later, back in business...
I've had my Polestar 5 months and I had to do the demister reset yesterday for the first time to get connectivity back. It worked fine after that.

Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Midnight, Pilot, Plus, and Performance
I've had TCAM issues at least once a week since I've had the car. As well as one "no key recognized". Luckily my PAK worked (had to take it in to get fixed)... This has been one of the most irritating issues with the car.. it's a good thing I don't have to drive far for work!
Also, I've never received an OTA update... does that use a different system?

Registered
2022 P2 Midnight
Had a TCAM problem this morning. I guess I've had the car for almost three months and 3000 miles. The front defrost reset doesn't work on my car. I tried every possible method described on this forum. No LTE and no GPS. I did jam my phone partially behind the big LED screen so I could use Waze for directions.

It's amazing that my trusty old 2004 Mercedes S500 had navigation that worked. It wasn't very good but it worked. It's now 18 years later and Volvo/Polestar/Google can't come up with a nav system that works without internet. What were they thinking? Cellular connections and moving maps are mature tech. There's really no excuse for Polestar not being able to simply fix this problem that so many people have. If they would just get Carplay working, I wouldn't even care - well at least not care as much.

I wonder if they just can't get good engineers to work for them. I noticed that even after the 2.1 update, the time display for charging still displays incorrect times. How in the world could they get that wrong? Why is simply telling time a mystery for them - sheesh!!!
Dave

Registered
Had a TCAM problem this morning. I guess I've had the car for almost three months and 3000 miles. The front defrost reset doesn't work on my car. I tried every possible method described on this forum. No LTE and no GPS. I did jam my phone partially behind the big LED screen so I could use Waze for directions.

It's amazing that my trusty old 2004 Mercedes S500 had navigation that worked. It wasn't very good but it worked. It's now 18 years later and Volvo/Polestar/Google can't come up with a nav system that works without internet. What were they thinking? Cellular connections and moving maps are mature tech. There's really no excuse for Polestar not being able to simply fix this problem that so many people have. If they would just get Carplay working, I wouldn't even care - well at least not care as much.

I wonder if they just can't get good engineers to work for them. I noticed that even after the 2.1 update, the time display for charging still displays incorrect times. How in the world could they get that wrong? Why is simply telling time a mystery for them - sheesh!!!
Dave
Gesture Sky Happy Cloud Building

• Haha
Reactions: ErikAWD

Registered
PS2 '22 | Snow | PPP | Napa Leather

Dave
Lock it and leave it overnight. Not the answer to your question, but should help the situation.

Registered
My data is out again - since I left for work this morning.

Registered
2022 P2 Midnight
Lock it and leave it overnight. Not the answer to your question, but should help the situation.
Thanks - good call. I left it on the charger, unlocked, overnight and it's back up. Intermittent problems without a solid explanation from the manufacturer is not a good sign.

Years ago, I had terrible problems with the battery going dead in my 2008 BMW 528i. It was a chronic problem for a lot of BMW's of that era. BMW offered nothing other than battery replacements and advising to keep it on a charger every night. I'd drive 100 miles, stop for coffee, get back in and have a dead battery. I went everywhere with a jumper box, battery charger and 100' extension cord in my trunk. So as much as I loved driving that car, I traded it in for an Infiniti FX after about a year.

I love driving the PS2 too, but if they can't fix such basic things like having the correct time, cellular connections and navigation, I'll trade it in for another EV. As an EE, I'm very worried that these problems are indicative of a company that really doesn't have a good understanding of the technology. They're simply piecing things together. For now, I'm telling my friends and anyone else that asks not to buy a Polestar.

Registered
My data is out again - since I left for work this morning.
One car is currently at the shop for TCAM issues - been there since Friday. Initial diagnosis was the TCAM battery was fully borked so they ordered a new one, which came in yesterday. Apparently even with the new hardware, connectivity hasn't been restored. The techs are working to fix it but I don't have the greatest sense that anyone has a handle on what could possible be the issue.

When will Polestar and Volvo devote the resources necessary to fixing this once and for all?

Registered
2022 P2 Midnight
One car is currently at the shop for TCAM issues - been there since Friday. Initial diagnosis was the TCAM battery was fully borked so they ordered a new one, which came in yesterday. Apparently even with the new hardware, connectivity hasn't been restored. The techs are working to fix it but I don't have the greatest sense that anyone has a handle on what could possible be the issue.

When will Polestar and Volvo devote the resources necessary to fixing this once and for all?
My fear is that they won't.

Ask them to check the fin antenna connections. Someone else reported they had a problem with that.

Registered
7 weeks and 2000 miles. My car was delivered with a TCAM issue. Key buttons would lock and unlock the car but lock and unlock with door handles did not work, fob did not work nor did PAK. Trunk kick didn't work either. Went back to the service point for more than a week and now things are mostly working. Still have to be in just the right spot for the front door to open/close with key in my pocket. Closer than you would expect.
I still have a weird issue where all sound stops working (including turn signals) and only a infotainment reset will fix this.

Registered
2022 P2 Midnight
7 weeks and 2000 miles. My car was delivered with a TCAM issue. Key buttons would lock and unlock the car but lock and unlock with door handles did not work, fob did not work nor did PAK. Trunk kick didn't work either. Went back to the service point for more than a week and now things are mostly working. Still have to be in just the right spot for the front door to open/close with key in my pocket. Closer than you would expect.
I still have a weird issue where all sound stops working (including turn signals) and only a infotainment reset will fix this.
I think I've reset my infotainment system 20 or 30 times in the three months I've owned it.

Oh, and there's an annoying rattle in the shoulder belt adjustment just behind my left ear, perfect!!!

Registered

Data came back this afternoon...after I texted my husband that I don't have high hopes for Polestar stock with this issue going on. Coincidence?

Reactions: polerad

Registered
As an update, I鈥檓 being told my TCAM issues are a end result of the stuff that led to the 2.1 update being halted. And that it鈥檚 expected to be fixed in the 2.2 update (which was also pulled due to unexpected bugs鈥)

for those on earlier software versions, 10/10 of it ain鈥檛 broke don鈥檛 fix it.

what鈥檚 confusing for me and it seems polestar too is that some cars are seemingly totally fine with all this while others have rather disabling bugs鈥

Edit: should add they expect the new 2.2 to start going out again mid next week. But feel like they themselves take that with a big grain of salt and quickly expanded that to 鈥2-3weeks鈥

Registered
Dual Motor | Snow | Plus/Pilot/Performance
What worries me most about these cars/issues is what will happen when they get older?
Right now, Polestar has to help customers. But in 10 years from now, will these cars be junk? Will a third party fix these issues with an upgrade?
My keys don't even work when these issues pop up. Sure, the phone key works so there's a backup. But I guarantee you there won't be a working phone app in 10-15 years from now.

So what happens then if you get locked out? And these cars are no longer supported?
It's like buying a new phone and knowing it will be worthless in 5 years time because of support ending.

Call me old-fashioned but I think a car should always open and drive when you have the key in your pocket...
Even if the manufacturer has long gone out of business and the servers are packed up and offline.

Same goes for most modern brands by the way, not just Polestar.
I've also wondered about this when Tesla's service went down last year and no one could get into their cars.
I was literally stranded at work. Even though I had the phone key AND the physical key on me.

Registered
2022 P2 Midnight
What worries me most about these cars/issues is what will happen when they get older?
Right now, Polestar has to help customers. But in 10 years from now, will these cars be junk? Will a third party fix these issues with an upgrade?
My keys don't even work when these issues pop up. Sure, the phone key works so there's a backup. But I guarantee you there won't be a working phone app in 10-15 years from now.

So what happens then if you get locked out? And these cars are no longer supported?
It's like buying a new phone and knowing it will be worthless in 5 years time because of support ending.

Call me old-fashioned but I think a car should always open and drive when you have the key in your pocket...
Even if the manufacturer has long gone out of business and the servers are packed up and offline.

Same goes for most modern brands by the way, not just Polestar.
I've also wondered about this when Tesla's service went down last year and no one could get into their cars.
I was literally stranded at work. Even though I had the phone key AND the physical key on me.
That's a great question. Hopefully some enterprising people will develop a hack to keep these cars going if Polestar support vanishes. I won't own this PS2 in ten years because I don't keep my daily drivers very long. I may not own it six months from now if they can't get their act together.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts