Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Administrator
2,311 Posts
Could you please translate the two little blurbs?
1) Highlights for the PS are the Google handling/operation [? the text means controling the cars functions] and the high-value interior. It can not totally keep up with the driving dynamcis, but it drives more safely and is hardly more expensive.
2) The TM3 moves equally brutally forward as around the corner. Range and consumption is top. [Build] Quality has improved, but not handling/operation [? same context as above] and comfort.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
1) Highlights for the PS are the Google handling/operation [? the text means controling the cars functions] and the high-value interior. It can not totally keep up with the driving dynamcis, but it drives more safely and is hardly more expensive.
2) The TM3 moves equally brutally forward as around the corner. Range and consumption is top. [Build] Quality has improved, but not handling/operation [? same context as above] and comfort.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I’ve seen a number of folks specifically praise the TM3 vs P*2 for handling, while others (including me) specifically go the other way.
Seems weird for that to be so subjective so wondering what the deal is. I wonder if it’s the relative body weight differences coming through? The steering ratio and pedal mapping differences?
Or that when I say handling I mean something about chassis and suspension tuning and others maybe are talking about something else?

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Or that when I say handling I mean something about chassis and suspension tuning and others maybe are talking about something else?
I think it's this. Most people have little understanding of what "handling" really is because the average driver (and that includes a lot of YT reviewers these days too) is just not that skilled. A professional driver will have a very good handle on which car "handles" better once they take it on the track. There's no other (safe) way to really test it.

Having said all that, any given driver may like the way one car drives (handles?) over another. But that's more the person than the car.

·
Administrator
2,311 Posts
Just to clarify: Handling/operation is not meant to refer to driving characteristics. I just didn't find a better word for 'controlling the cars functions'

Edit: Ok, in the table itself, the TM3 is rated better for driving dynamics and handling/driving fum. Hmmh.

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
208 Posts
I haven't driven a Tesla, but in some videos where they've compared the two, it appears to me that the Teslas roll a lot more and the Polestar times on a given course are faster.
I've driven the Tesla Y and was unimpressed with controls only being available via the center screen. Also, I've seen/heard of too many problems with fit and function. The P*2 is WAY better built, and I personally like the ability to push/pull on a stick on the steering wheel to wipe the windshield, turn on the lights, etc.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
I've driven the Tesla Y and was unimpressed with controls only being available via the center screen. Also, I've seen/heard of too many problems with fit and function. The P*2 is WAY better built, and I personally like the ability to push/pull on a stick on the steering wheel to wipe the windshield, turn on the lights, etc.
You and a lot of people.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Out of curiosity are you basing the build quality on something recent, or historical issues? From what I've seen, the M3 started out horrendously - panel gaps, inside plastic trim protrusions, leaks, water ingress into light clusters, and then the usual stuff like failures of systems. But now it seems like it has vastly improved, still with the odd niggle here and there.

I've lurked on both the PS2 forum and the Tesla Motor club forums for 2 months and found that they're about equal in terms of bugs/issues/rattles now.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Out of curiosity are you basing the build quality on something recent, or historical issues? From what I've seen, the M3 started out horrendously - panel gaps, inside plastic trim protrusions, leaks, water ingress into light clusters, and then the usual stuff like failures of systems. But now it seems like it has vastly improved, still with the odd niggle here and there.

I've lurked on both the PS2 forum and the Tesla Motor club forums for 2 months and found that they're about equal in terms of bugs/issues/rattles now.
Most Tesla owners simply put up with the continued quality issues. They are still there, and have gotten a little better, but are rarely discussed anymore. With the P2 there simply aren't any quality issues. The car is built rock solid like most Volvos.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I think it’s telling that the level of complaints you’re seeing online about the P*2 and TM3 are on the same order - while the P*2 is in the first ~1/2 year of its launch as the first major model of a new marque, while the TM3 is in year 3-4 as the third major model of its marque.

Reactions: 2RatsElop

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Tow Bar Option removed on the Model 3 - at least in the EU/UK

Correction ... removed as an option on the Model X too.

Tesla said this about it :

We have removed the Tow Hitch option from Model 3 in EMEA on the design studio. It will continue to be available off-menu for a period of time and customers should contact their local store to order this option, if needed.

No reason why was given nor if it will return anytime soon. Most customers won't know it's an off-menu option so will be looking at other EV's. More reasons to get a PS2!

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Tow Bar Option removed on the Model 3 - at least in the EU/UK

Correction ... removed as an option on the Model X too.

Tesla said this about it :

We have removed the Tow Hitch option from Model 3 in EMEA on the design studio. It will continue to be available off-menu for a period of time and customers should contact their local store to order this option, if needed.

No reason why was given nor if it will return anytime soon. Most customers won't know it's an off-menu option so will be looking at other EV's. More reasons to get a PS2!
Maybe they are finding out that the TM3 frame really can't handle any significant towing load without causing structural problems? Considering how Tesla makes other decisions this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I've been very pleased with the versatility.
Want a fast car? Check.
A good looking car? Check.
Build quality?
Handling?
Braking?
Tech?
A great car for commuting?
A bit stealth?
A grocery getter?
Need to bring home bags of potting soil?
A good car for dogs?

What other car checks all these boxes? Seriously.

Want good cupholders?
Yeah... Ok... The cupholders suck.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts