I ordered a Model 3 Performance and a Polestar 2 around the same time in April, thinking I would cancel one or the other. They both showed up for delivery at the same time. We decided to go through with both and picked them up on Tuesday, this week. My gut feeling all along was that I liked the Polestar better but my wife wasn’t sure. After a few days with both cars, I think my gut was right, and my wife is right there with me.
I did really like the experience of charging the Tesla at one of their Superchargers, which I tried out even though I didn’t need the juice. The increased range of the Tesla could also be a big player for us, living in the Midwest where we travel longer distances with fewer chargers available and have to deal with cold weather. It’s also ridiculously fast. Other than that, our initial thoughts are that the Polestar is just a more comfortable, attractive and user-friendly car, and a better value overall.
Will probably give it a few months and then decide whether to keep both or sell the Tesla. No way I’ll let the P2 go, regardless…. I’ll be watching these prices. So far, it looks like there’s very little risk for us.