Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove the P2 in Hollywood yesterday and have a few first impressions.

1) The car was equipped with the "performance package" and the vegan interior.
2) The car was charged to about 70% and it was about 30 C outside.

To begin with, the AC was not working. The windows were rolled down throughout the test. The dashboard kept displaying that the tablet was overheating. The one pedal driving was essentially ineffective, and changing the settings had no efffect.

That being said, the interior felt a bit tighter than I anticipated (I have a Jaguar I-Pace for reference). the seat is very close to the floor, and I found if I put my left knee up there was a bump on the floor that made sitting a bit awkward.

The car drove beautifully minus the need for two-pedal driving. I took it through Mullholland Highway in the hills and found the steering to be quite responsive and the cornering to be impeccable. I had three passengers in the car and the car did not feel its weight at all.

Overall, the car was quick, responsive, and smooth. There's plenty of storage space in the rear and my rear seat passengers told me the ride was quite comfy. One of my rear seat passengers owned and drove a Model 3 and was quite impressed by the Polestar. My neighbor (owner of an X an S and a slant nose 930 turbo) saw the car pull up and immediately came over to check it out. It definitely turned a few heads on the road.

The glitches with the car's OS and lack of AC were a bit unnerving, but hopefully by the time mine arrives those kinks will be worked out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thunder is gorgeous, I ordered Midnight with the leather (vented seats are a necessity in SoCal). Enjoy!
Midnight was my second choice. And I love the look of the light wood in the leather option. Too spendy for me, alas.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I test drove the P2 in Hollywood yesterday and have a few first impressions.

1) The car was equipped with the "performance package" and the vegan interior.
2) The car was charged to about 70% and it was about 30 C outside.

To begin with, the AC was not working. The windows were rolled down throughout the test. The dashboard kept displaying that the tablet was overheating. The one pedal driving was essentially ineffective, and changing the settings had no efffect.

That being said, the interior felt a bit tighter than I anticipated (I have a Jaguar I-Pace for reference). the seat is very close to the floor, and I found if I put my left knee up there was a bump on the floor that made sitting a bit awkward.

The car drove beautifully minus the need for two-pedal driving. I took it through Mullholland Highway in the hills and found the steering to be quite responsive and the cornering to be impeccable. I had three passengers in the car and the car did not feel its weight at all.

Overall, the car was quick, responsive, and smooth. There's plenty of storage space in the rear and my rear seat passengers told me the ride was quite comfy. One of my rear seat passengers owned and drove a Model 3 and was quite impressed by the Polestar. My neighbor (owner of an X an S and a slant nose 930 turbo) saw the car pull up and immediately came over to check it out. It definitely turned a few heads on the road.

The glitches with the car's OS and lack of AC were a bit unnerving, but hopefully by the time mine arrives those kinks will be worked out.

View attachment 920
Sounds like you made it a real family day out. 💈✨👵🕺🐶

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thunder is gorgeous, I ordered Midnight with the leather (vented seats are a necessity in SoCal). Enjoy!
I got the same order coming! (or that's the plan....):
Midnight, leather, 19", tow bar (if they process the add-on I specified now a couple weeks back)

someone else mentioned it, but need to have a CA Polestar club if/when we get our cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts