Polestar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually pair my phone to the car using Bluetooth. But I note you can also connect the car using to the phone WIFI the tethering method. This aspect has me a confused as to the benefit of doing this when the car has already has WIFI provided by Polestar (well for 3 years). Is there some benefit or reason why one would using the WIFI tethering? Thanks in advance for all and any replies. Cheers

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,135 Posts
I usually pair my phone to the car using Bluetooth. But I note you can also connect the car using to the phone WIFI the tethering method. This aspect has me a confused as to the benefit of doing this when the car has already has WIFI provided by Polestar (well for 3 years). Is there some benefit or reason why one would using the WIFI tethering? Thanks in advance for all and any replies. Cheers
When the included service ends it will probably be useful for some, but in terms of benefit right now, sure, not using Optus/Singtel. Optus reception is awful in my area to the point where I'd almost consider a Telstra wireless 4G modem instead, but the bigger problem with Optus/Singtel is that the actual service is Singtel and routed through Singapore, which means if you try to watch local content in Vivaldi you'll find yourself being geoblocked

1 - 2 of 2 Posts