Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think others have mentioned this before but not sure we got to what the fix was? Seems like when the car is cold there is this annoying rattle from either behind the steering wheel or driver console area. Is this just me or are others hearing the sound which is almost like electrical sparking (but isn’t by the way!).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes, definitely, though I only hear it on very rough roads or 55+ mph. If you feel around the pleather cover over the steering column you should feel a bit of flexible plastic closer to the backside of the steering wheel, and when I press on that the rattling stops. Had Volvo Leicester look at it but they couldn't recreate (probably didn't get it going fast enough) and when they took it apart didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Really wish Polestar would work out a fix and infor dealers.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, definitely, though I only hear it on very rough roads or 55+ mph. If you feel around the pleather cover over the steering column you should feel a bit of flexible plastic closer to the backside of the steering wheel, and when I press on that the rattling stops. Had Volvo Leicester look at it but they couldn't recreate (probably didn't get it going fast enough) and when they took it apart didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Really wish Polestar would work out a fix and infor dealers.

I’m not going mad then. Yes only had it on the dual track and at speeds as you suggest. Mine going back in on 4th Jan so have logged it to be looked into. When everything else is sturdy then this does get rather annoying!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have it too (002xxx), and I noticed it seemed to go away if I push the steering column from the left side a bit (IIRC, not 100% sure what I did).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem en took it to the dealer. They found leaves and other mess from trees in the steering column near the steering pen under the hood somewhere. These leaves were, depending on are flow caused by speed, ticking against the steering pen. This causes the rattling noise. Problem is you cannot reach it yourself. Now they cleaned it and the rattling is gone. I asked if they also solved the cause, because all my other cars never had this problem. It should not be possible for leaves etc to get there in the first place. However, they are waiting for Polestar to come up with a permanent solution once more PS2 owners start to complain.
Hope this helps you to solve the problem!

regards,

Björn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts