Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I just had to make a thread to get the excitement out.

Only ever test drove 2 EVs - Model S in 2016 and Model 3 Performance last month.
Boss was keen to go electric on the company vehicle, so decided to make it my first EV and blind ordered the P2.

Simple non-PP in Snow.

Any other fellow jocks already had their deliveries or due them this side of Christmas?

Registered
Hi all,

Only ever test drove 2 EVs - Model S in 2016 and Model 3 Performance last month.
Boss was keen to go electric on the company vehicle, so decided to make it my first EV and blind ordered the P2.

Simple non-PP in Snow.

Any other fellow jocks already had their deliveries or due them this side of Christmas?
We've all been there, and you've made a great choice! Just read everything on this forum with a grain of salt as there are some gnarly veterans who have been waiting a long long time ;) Lots of UK folks that adore their P*2 and great experiences to read about. You'll find this is a great group of enthusiasts full of good intentions and periodically questionable humor.

Registered
Hi all,

Simple non-PP in Snow.

Congratulations @Macbrief, welcome to the best Polestar forum and IMO a good choice of colour and interior. like you I've blind ordered, had to cancel the only test drive I'd managed to arrange, due to isolation pending eye surgery (there is no other connection to 'blind ordering'). This forum, every Youtube video, every press release and comparison article published - I've viewed.
Like many here, have suffered the frustration of little/no communication from Polestar, but that is improving, and been encouraged by some of the excellent first impressions and early experiences of those lucky enough to have got their 2.
This morning I got the 'Save the date' email confirming my handover date as Friday, 13th November, it came a day after I saw the order page change. I've now entered the can't wait camp, how many sleeps is it?, what if it's delayed?, are the replacement parts installed?, will it be OTA prepared? So many questions and thanks to this forum (thanks @rgledhill) I can print a list of checks to make sure all is as it should be when it arrives.
I'm not a Jock but have been driving a Tesla Model 3 since August, by all accounts the P*2 is a more grown-up, better designed EV commensurate with its Volvo heritage - just don't let anybody tell you its a Citroen! ;) Good luck on your exciting journey, hope to see you on the road.

Registered
Hi all,

Simple non-PP in Snow.

Welcome @Macbrief. Not a jock myself, but there is a few knocking about on this forum including one trying to organise a 'gathering' in Scotland. Keyword search should bring up the people and the threads concerned.

Registered
Polestar 2, Void, non PP Due December.
Hi all,

Simple non-PP in Snow.

Welcome @Macbrief, I too am awaiting delivery 鈥淒ecember鈥 no date as yet. I placed my order 10th September. I have a small issue at present where the lease company (WeVee) told me I would hear directly from Polestar CS with regards next steps, delivery, VIN etc. When I spoke to Polestar (Ria) CS she couldn鈥檛 find my order under my name/ email and asked me if I had an order number. I didn鈥檛 as I never ordered it directly. She said go back to the lease company and ask for the order number and they will tie it up and add the order to my Polestar ID. The lease company then replied

鈥 I do understand your concern 鈥 However due to a campaign the funder has with Polestar, we are unable to provide yourself with an order number.

I am able to confirm you car has been ordered.鈥

I then called back Polestar CS and informed them of this and she (Ria) said she would contact them directly.

The wait goes on.

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
Welcome @Macbrief, I too am awaiting delivery 鈥淒ecember鈥 no date as yet. I placed my order 10th September. I have a small issue at present where the lease company (WeVee) told me I would hear directly from Polestar CS with regards next steps, delivery, VIN etc. When I spoke to Polestar (Ria) CS she couldn鈥檛 find my order under my name/ email and asked me if I had an order number. I didn鈥檛 as I never ordered it directly. She said go back to the lease company and ask for the order number and they will tie it up and add the order to my Polestar ID. The lease company then replied

鈥 I do understand your concern 鈥 However due to a campaign the funder has with Polestar, we are unable to provide yourself with an order number.

I then called back Polestar CS and informed them of this and she (Ria) said she would contact them directly.

The wait goes on.
Don't worry you're not on your own.
If you want reassurance & lead a terribly boring life you could read through the thread 'UK Leasing' where you will find many such stories of confusion, self-doubt, paranoia and eventually Joy! 馃悰馃

Registered
I can鈥檛 handle the anticipation... let me know if you find a good way for that. Put an order 1 week ago. Now it鈥檚 just to wait in the darkness. Happy times..

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations @Macbrief, welcome to the best Polestar forum and IMO a good choice of colour and interior. like you I've blind ordered, had to cancel the only test drive I'd managed to arrange, due to isolation pending eye surgery (there is no other connection to 'blind ordering'). This forum, every Youtube video, every press release and comparison article published - I've viewed.
Like many here, have suffered the frustration of little/no communication from Polestar, but that is improving, and been encouraged by some of the excellent first impressions and early experiences of those lucky enough to have got their 2.
This morning I got the 'Save the date' email confirming my handover date as Friday, 13th November, it came a day after I saw the order page change. I've now entered the can't wait camp, how many sleeps is it?, what if it's delayed?, are the replacement parts installed?, will it be OTA prepared? So many questions and thanks to this forum (thanks @rgledhill) I can print a list of checks to make sure all is as it should be when it arrives.
I'm not a Jock but have been driving a Tesla Model 3 since August, by all accounts the P*2 is a more grown-up, better designed EV commensurate with its Volvo heritage - just don't let anybody tell you its a Citroen! ;) Good luck on your exciting journey, hope to see you on the road.
Thanks for the kind words @Terran
Yeah I've had zero communication since everything was put through but have been told to expect 7-10 days for Polestar to even acknowledge the order.
13th of November is crazy exciting tho!! Congrats.
Already had the shitron comments from colleagues so will be plenty of that to come haha.

Welcome @Macbrief. Not a jock myself, but there is a few knocking about on this forum including one trying to organise a 'gathering' in Scotland. Keyword search should bring up the people and the threads concerned.
Will need to look that person up! Post restrictions of course... @whiteco3

The wait goes on.
@daviesandy Oh that doesn't sound ideal and the first part sounds very similar to what I have going on. How did you get in touch with Polestar directly?

Don't worry you're not on your own.
If you want reassurance & lead a terribly boring life you could read through the thread 'UK Leasing' where you will find many such stories of confusion, self-doubt, paranoia and eventually Joy! 馃悰馃
Oh @dave I am absolutely in the terribly boring life camp, I will be heading straight there! Thanks.

Registered
Polestar 2, Void, non PP Due December.
Thanks for the kind words @Terran
Yeah I've had zero communication since everything was put through but have been told to expect 7-10 days for Polestar to even acknowledge the order.
13th of November is crazy exciting tho!! Congrats.
Already had the shitron comments from colleagues so will be plenty of that to come haha.

Will need to look that person up! Post restrictions of course... @whiteco3

@daviesandy Oh that doesn't sound ideal and the first part sounds very similar to what I have going on. How did you get in touch with Polestar directly?

@Macbrief contact them directly
0800 051 7863

Oh @dave I am absolutely in the terribly boring life camp, I will be heading straight there! Thanks.

Registered
I must admit having a delivery date (even if it was 2 weeks from the email) has really calmed me down.

I think looking back the anticipation was killing me because of the uncertainty and the constant changing month of the ETA. So an unhealthy mix of frustration and the unknown created a fever pitch of anxious anticipation.

All I can say to you guys is try and relax and forgot about the car - it will happen when it happens. Although TBH if I was you reading this advice, I couldn't or wouldn't take it ... but hay I tried! ;)

Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
I must admit having a delivery date (even if it was 2 weeks from the email) has really calmed me down.

I think looking back the anticipation was killing me because of the uncertainty and the constant changing month of the ETA. So an unhealthy mix of frustration and the unknown created a fever pitch of anxious anticipation.

All I can say to you guys is try and relax and forgot about the car - it will happen when it happens. Although TBH if I was you reading this advice, I couldn't or wouldn't take it ... but hay I tried! ;)
Yes, it's almost as if there're even other sources of anxiety in the world being displaced into our excitement and anticipation for this car.

Congrats @GDank

1 - 20 of 27 Posts