1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instant gratification is 2 things.
Instant. And Gratifying.
But afterwards there’s a gentle drop off. Then in a matter of weeks and months the novelty has worn off. The time between washes grows. Your amazing new ........ becomes the norm. But I am lucky. The excitement hasn’t dwindled even a tiny bit. For my car got towed before I even figured out how it works!
My car might be ready tomorrow. But it could be Christmas. I’m edgy. Haven’t been sleeping all that great. It’s exciting though!
I will get my time with my breathtaking new car. I’ve got to wait a bit is all. In the meantime thanks to Polestar I’m not without transport. A Range Rover Velar for 5 days is a birthday treat for some. And tomorrow if my car isn’t fixed I may get to drive a Volvo for the first time. I’m annoyed. But I need to remind myself I’m lucky. Stop acting like a big tart Dave.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Instant. And Gratifying.
But afterwards there’s a gentle drop off. Then in a matter of weeks and months the novelty has worn off. The time between washes grows. Your amazing new ........ becomes the norm. But I am lucky. The excitement hasn’t dwindled even a tiny bit. For my car got towed before I even figured out how it works!
My car might be ready tomorrow. But it could be Christmas. I’m edgy. Haven’t been sleeping all that great. It’s exciting though!
I will get my time with my breathtaking new car. I’ve got to wait a bit is all. In the meantime thanks to Polestar I’m not without transport. A Range Rover Velar for 5 days is a birthday treat for some. And tomorrow if my car isn’t fixed I may get to drive a Volvo for the first time. I’m annoyed. But I need to remind myself I’m lucky. Stop acting like a big tart Dave.
Yes to everything you said but still unacceptable that a £50,000 car that has now been out for almost 3 months (1st EU delivery 29th July) still experiencing the battery fault. Never having owned an EV before i thought my issue might be range anxiety....not battery anxiety.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
896 Posts
Instant. And Gratifying.
This forum is either group therapy or the inmates running the asylum. Can't tell which just yet.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There's a lot on this car to keep you occupied. The looks for one are familiar but very original. The infotainment which all the reviewers said was natural & easy to use will take a fair bit of playing with to fully appreciate. But then just as you get used to the car we'll have over the air updates and phone as key arriving in the coming months. More little boosts of excitement drip fed to us. Hopefully followed by improvements in efficiency & more. If we got everything at once the interest would wane, but this way we're kept wanting & waiting.
OR....
We're suckers that have bought into Volvo's white elephant that will be looked back in years to come as a folly of the wildest proportions!
I like to stay positive. For now.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
@dave love the optimism and I sincerely hope you are right about all you say. No launch is ever without fault, well I can’t think of one. It seems as though PS haven’t really gripped customer service and this is what irks people the most.

I have been like you re being edgy, in a bad mood and all because I simply don’t know what’s going on. I am having to be proactive and PS CS reactive....it should be the other way around.

We need to be stroked like dogs to keep us happy and reassured....no not in the way some of us may be thinking 🙄.

I will go for this being counselling and therapy....I can rant on here and hopefully nobody feels offended.

Well done for hanging in there...I am not yet convinced that I will. Personally I will not be chasing anymore.

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
104 Posts
Nothing to add except "the heart has its reasons that reason ignores". Subtitle: "the extraordinary power of attraction of a beautiful design".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts