Polestar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next vehicle in the Polestar lineup, the Polestar 3 will be a SUV instead of a sedan according to their designers.

It's an interesting change given how they just revealed the Precept, but it makes sense given how popular SUVs are.

"The design language of that car is something that you can and should expect in our future cars, starting with the Polestar 3," said Polestar head designer, Max Missoni. Set to arrive in 2021, the Polestar 3 won't be a sedan like the Precept Concept, it will be an SUV. No surprise there.

"Our next car will be a performance SUV, the Polestar 3, and that will carry some of the features and design cues that you've seen in the Precept," Missoni explained. It will go up against existing electric SUVs like the Jaguar I-Pace and Tesla Model X with a more conventional design than the Polestar 2, which is essentially a lifted sedan. "We're really keen on keeping a minimalistic surface to things, keeping things extremely pure and clear," he added.

https://carbuzz.com/features/10-super-rare-chevrolet-camaros

·
Registered
121 Posts
Model X, Audi e-Tron, Jaguar I-Pace, and so on pre-orders/sales are a clear indication of why Polestar needs to make this happen and fast! I would say its even more important than launching a sedan.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Model X, Audi e-Tron, Jaguar I-Pace, and so on pre-orders/sales are a clear indication of why Polestar needs to make this happen and fast! I would say its even more important than launching a sedan.
In general I agree. But an SUV also takes more battery power to propel. In order to be more cost efficient it's better to have a cheaper sedan to base things on and get economies of scale with. Witness Tesla's rollout of the S then X, and the 3 then Y.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts