Polestar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Again excuse if this has been asked a million times before. The necessity for a google account as per the Polestar delivery checklist which says...
Checklist.
Before handover you need to:
• Complete all steps of your online order
• Bring your valid UK driving licence or passport
• Bring login credentials for your Polestar ID
• Bring login credentials for your Google account
• Bring the smartphone you want to connect to the car
....I am fully iphoned. I have a personal email (hotmail) which is connected to my apple music account & a business email (outlook).
What kind of unholy confusion will be created if I create a new gmail account? There'll be nothing associated to that account.
I don't really know what I'm asking but what should I do?
I hope that's clear

·
Registered
36 Posts
I might be wrong on this, but I think you can sign up for a 'Google' account (i.e. for things like Chrome, Google Docs) using your own email address...without signing up for a Gmail email account.

If you follow the link here there's an option to 'use your own email address' instead of creating a new Gmail one:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just create a new Google account it shouldn't impact anything. Right now it's really just about Google Maps. You can't add saved locations in the app so will want to set that up while logged in with your account on a computer/phone

·
Registered
447 Posts
The all seeing eye of Google has to know everything about you, you must understand that by now surely?? I think i read somewhere, but can't remember where, that it has to be a gmail account

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be wrong on this, but I think you can sign up for a 'Google' account (i.e. for things like Chrome, Google Docs) using your own email address...without signing up for a Gmail email account.

If you follow the link here there's an option to 'use your own email address' instead of creating a new Gmail one:
View attachment 1231
Perfect!

·
Registered
240 Posts
The all seeing eye of Google has to know everything about you, you must understand that by now surely?? I think i read somewhere, but can't remember where, that it has to be a gmail account
You couldn't use a Business/Corporate Google account, but non Gmail ones still work

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think the other reason for a Google account is for the play store. There isn't anything exciting on it though outside of Spotify it is Google based books/music and some foreign radio apps.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was hoping that when CarPlay becomes available it will be easier to sync if I connect the right email account now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just create a new Google account it shouldn't impact anything. Right now it's really just about Google Maps. You can't add saved locations in the app so will want to set that up while logged in with your account on a computer/phone
More than that, Youtube Music, knows your favourites, playlists. Google podcast player, picks up the podcasts you have been listening too in the home.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More than that, Youtube Music, knows your favourites, playlists. Google podcast player, picks up the podcasts you have been listening too in the home.
Thanks. I’ve downloaded YouTube music for a month’s free trial & google podcasts. They should keep me going for a while

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PS said...
“As long as your @hotmail.com account is registered & recognised by your google account then this should be ok and will be accepted on the vehicles google interface.
If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact us and we will do or upmost to help“
So thanks @misterspam , crisis averted. Downloaded some google-friendly apps and away we go!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am not an apple user, and I do have a Gmail account (using random letters), BUT I only use it for things like keeping my phone synced, and for things that must must have an account, etc. I don't use it for any correspondence at all. And I never share it with anyone. I have had it for 10 years and to this day, never had any spam. A good example is this forum, where it will allow you to register using an existing Google account. Thus not revealing an actual email address. Go for it, it should be seamless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts