Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m away for the weekend. Stopped at Volvo Chesterfield. They tried clipping it back in but it’s not sitting right. He said it needs a new part. I called Volvo Wolverhampton but as expected, they need to see the car before ordering the part.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, I have tested mine up the limiter a few times and nothing has flew off!

All on private roads of course I might add...

Reactions: KanedaKid

·
Registered
183 Posts
I felt these winglets wobble when I was cleaning the car a month or so ago - A wobble that the cognoscenti will recognise as 'something poorly stuck on with sticky polystyrene pads' So sadly this does not surprise me but is probably a DIY fix - Just a bit embarrasing for Polestar! #Nomorenails

Looking at the slots on the A pillar I think a design modification with some clips on the cover & proper sticky stiff such as what stand alone rear view mirrors are stuck on with might help.

Note to self: Be gentle with the pressure washer - This is one of those spots when the dust/grime/leaves collect so must admit to giving a good blast around this area.

·
Super Moderator
1,594 Posts
Can you post a picture of the backside of the panel, so we can see where the clips are and how many of them there are?
I see no holes for clips. Seems to be glued.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I see no holes for clips. Seems to be glued.
What you see that looks like glue, is commonly used to fill gaps. It's a type of seam sealer. My guess is that those spots that you see it is where the robots tack welded the piece on, and they used seam sealer to keep moisture out, and as a side benefit, to act as a wind and vibration buffeting. There should be some slide clips/clamps for the leading edge and some form of plastic or metal tree clip to hold it down.

·
Registered
Stock P*2 MDNT VIN: 011***
409 Posts
Piano black finishes get scratched in transit. That’s maybe a Retail Car Delivery Process fix at the dealer.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Was the panel hit by something? Seems like a mark here:-

I've taken mine to "lets say Germany speeds" ... and seemed as solid then as at 60mph.

Very strange!

·
Super Moderator
1,594 Posts
Never had a problem at 200km/h+ ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well there goes the argument of better build quality than Tesla … can we call it a safety feature that the car disintegrate at high speed, encouraging people to drive safely?

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

From the back.
As for the possibility of something hitting it- yes, it’s possible. There is a small scuff. I don’t remember hearing such an impact, but the shock of a piece of trim suddenly flapping around in my peripheral vision has fogged my recollection.
I’m pissed off.

·
Super Moderator
1,599 Posts
It's pretty outrageous that was held on with just those few blobs of goop. Wonder how many dirty little secrets are hiding underneath...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts