Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
View attachment 7026
From the back.
As for the possibility of something hitting it- yes, it’s possible. There is a small scuff. I don’t remember hearing such an impact, but the shock of a piece of trim suddenly flapping around in my peripheral vision has fogged my recollection.
I’m pissed off.
Dave, Very sorry that you had such a bad start to your break. FWIW, I'd say that the theory that there's been some sort of strike there is likely as surely, with your meticulous car cleaning regime, you would have noticed that damage b4 if it hadn't occurred on your journey? If it was a strike, that's not so bad re build quality as just falling off - I think.

·
Registered
202 Posts
From the back.
As for the possibility of something hitting it- yes, it’s possible. There is a small scuff. I don’t remember hearing such an impact, but the shock of a piece of trim suddenly flapping around in my peripheral vision has fogged my recollection.
I’m pissed off.
Nice boot flooring. I might lay some tiles in mine, or perhaps some oak.

·
Registered
276 Posts
1st time seen anything like that posted anywhere so another 1st for you Dave but at least if was an impact was not the windscreen. Wonder how long the waiting list will be for that part. Could it have been slightly damaged when you had windscreen changed?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Could it have been slightly damaged when you had windscreen changed?
He had the windshield changed?

If so, then that's the culprit of this, and explains why all the retaining clips appear to be broken, and there's seam sealer ON the plastic panel itself. Looks like you had a repairman that didn't know what they were doing, and then tried to hide the shoddy work.

·
Registered
59 Posts

If so, then that's the culprit of this, and explains why all the retaining clips appear to be broken, and there's seam sealer ON the plastic panel itself. Looks like you had a repairman that didn't know what they were doing, and then tried to hide the shoddy work.
Very possible - when mine had a full respray a few months back (don't ask) - the bodyshop had to order two new ones, as they could not get them off without breaking the tabs. If they tried to remove them at all (which seems likely when changing the windscreen), they probably broke the tabs and just glued it back on

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wonder how many other bits (of all cars) are held on by a couple of blobs of expanding foam. Keep (ahem) the price down I suppose

·
Registered
5,421 Posts

So much for handing over the keys and letting these types of guys work on your car without supervision.

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK, i'll ask - full story please!
Delivered in Jan with scratches and swirlies all over the body work
Dealer tried to fix it 3 times by 'buffing it out'
Polestar eventually ordered them to send it to the Volvo approved body shop for a full respray
Had another P2 for 6 weeks until it was fixed

So nothing wrong with Polestar or the car - just a $hit dealer (and I hadn't been on this forum yet to learn the golden rule of 'don't let the dealer touch your car before you get it to your detailer')

.... and yes, it's a Void

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I think the clips getting broken during windscreen replacement scenario is more likely than a rock doing all the damage. But the windscreen was changed last November. Can’t imagine they will admit responsibility. How can I be sure the opposite side isn’t in the same state? Doesn’t help that my insurance company insisted I use Autoglass rather than letting Volvo do it. Just gives Volvo the chance to blame someone else.
My contributions to ‘reactions on the street’ may be a little different until it gets fixed 😐

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to hear of your woes @dave.

Having being forced to use Autoglass by my insurers, on three occasions in the last two decades, my money is on them breaking the trim piece clips and covering up their bodge with glue. My most recent experience was the fitter dropping my key, which hit the top of the door causing a large chip in the paint. He then denied it, even though I was stood there watching him! It was caught on my dashcam so no way out of it.

Tell your insurer, who will most likely refer you back to Autoglass. Raise a formal complaint both on the phone and in writing. Autoglass claim that windscreen repair is covered for life.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
He’s been on telly.
Been on't telly? Ey oop lad he's right!
£72 for the black plastic A pillar cover. Should arrive tomorrow.
I will fire off an email, pics & the invoice to Autoglass. But I think I've better chance juggling soot than getting them to pay.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Trim arrived today. Volvo weren't too enthusiastic about fitting it. Can't say I blame them. It seemed to go on ok, although there is no loud click like when assembling IKEA furniture.
This is the 2nd incident I've had with clips getting damaged. The Volvo tech suggested it could all be down to the use of lightweight materials on EVs.

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
349 Posts
Did you take a picture of the new (undamaged) piece? I'd like to see what those clips look like.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts