Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

Registered
Void, Charcoal
I think there's a tool for that...it pops right off...I'm sure that's what the glass guys used 馃ぃ 馃ぃ
Yeah. But make sure you use a precision tool. Like this.

Registered
Not the first car to have an issue and won't be the last. I have had mine for a month now and used it on the motorway regularly with no issues. I am sure if there was a major concern we would all be getting a recall. However, feel your pain Dave as it's not a great experience to have a bit of your pride and joy come loose at high speed.

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Not the first car to have an issue and won't be the last. I have had mine for a month now and used it on the motorway regularly with no issues. I am sure if there was a major concern we would all be getting a recall. However, feel your pain Dave as it's not a great experience to have a bit of your pride and joy come loose at high speed.
I鈥檓 sure the fault here occurred when the windscreen was replaced. Can鈥檛 blame Polestar in this instance. However I can blame my mom as she was driving my car when the screen got chipped in the first place. She blames my dad as she was following him and he was 鈥渄riving like an old fart鈥.

Registered
That's love

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Yes I purchased a new A pillar trim from Volvo for about 拢70. Fitting it wasn't booked in with the workshop. The guy on the service desk (nice bloke) came out & fitted it. Live & learn, this time I've booked it in.
They think the gooey glue residue was enough of a barrier to prevent the trim from sitting correctly.
Until next Friday mine is the Polestar which looks like a nearly finished Meccano car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
So last week Volvo fitted the trim again. Charged me 拢60-ish for 30 mins labour. All is well.

Until yesterday. Came off again (top half springs out & bottom bit holds on). This time I was going 20mph. Back to Volvo when I get chance.
edit: fitting cost was 拢36+vat. Complaint is ongoing with Autoglass. They've asked for copy invoices

Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
They can't seriously be charging you for all the re-fitments of a part that should sit for the lifetime of the car? Even if the first time was the fault of windscreen replacement workshop.

Registered
They can't seriously be charging you for all the re-fitments of a part that should sit for the lifetime of the car? Even if the first time was the fault of windscreen replacement workshop.
If they're having to work around a mistake that someone else made, then yeah, they're going to charge each and every time.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts