Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Void | PP | Slate+Black Ash | No tow | Stickerless | IGL Kenzo graphene coating
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Almost everybody seems to use and mostly like the grocery bag holder. I suddely got a feeling of missing out on something nice here. Will empty the trunk imediately. What I usually have in there is a couple of camping chairs and a bag with a gas burner and a portable kitchen. My new world of Polestar/Covid involves driving out on random adventures, filming drone videos and going plases I haven't gone before. Get some air. The Polestar is my adventure car and I can't wait to drive around for 5 weeks in Europe after this pandemic crap is over. I have a pretty big list of places to go. So the little things in the car matters alot I guess when the car is more that transportation. I just like to spend time in the car and on the road, and with the P2, more than ever.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you have a tow bar, get one og those HSX boxes. Im considering it to avoid roof rack for our skis.
As long as its not protruding more then 15 cm in width or 1 meter in length no special markings needed in Norway.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't understand the need to store stuff in your trunk/frunk at all times.. If your trunk/frunk is 'always full' you are only hurting yourself...

It is a disaster for range believe it or not. Take it all out and weigh it one day. Unless you need this stuff in its entirety on EVERY drive you could be doing yourself a bigger favor.

...maybe its just the minimalist in me.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I use the grocery bag holder all the time. Had it on older Volvos and missed it.

I also use ACC all the time (it's been a mandatory feature for me for years). But I also agree there is limited room in the footwell. I find the overall cockpit nice but tight. And I can't keep my leg bent for very long.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Almost everybody seems to use and mostly like the grocery bag holder. I suddely got a feeling of missing out on something nice here. Will empty the trunk imediately. What I usually have in there is a couple of camping chairs and a bag with a gas burner and a portable kitchen. My new world of Polestar/Covid involves driving out on random adventures, filming drone videos and going plases I haven't gone before. Get some air. The Polestar is my adventure car and I can't wait to drive around for 5 weeks in Europe after this pandemic crap is over. I have a pretty big list of places to go. So the little things in the car matters alot I guess when the car is more that transportation. I just like to spend time in the car and on the road, and with the P2, more than ever.
I love your drone videos - amazing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haven't read all comments carefully but did not yet see the suuuuper annoying thing about water finding its way behind the back lights on the trunk when washing the car. Water then slowly releasing for the next hour+ and creating ugly spots on both sides of the trunk.

(To keep Midnight looking great is not for the lazy, like me)

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Haven't read all comments carefully but did not yet see the suuuuper annoying thing about water finding its way behind the back lights on the trunk when washing the car. Water then slowly releasing for the next hour+ and creating ugly spots on both sides of the trunk.

Best reason for white or magnesium 😁

·
Registered
566 Posts

And down from the wing mirrors…

·
Registered
691 Posts
Its on another thread, but what many of us have learned is that you need to open the hatch when drying the car. I do it before I dry the back of the car - a lot of water comes out - and then once I have most of the water gone I close it again and take one more pass as a bit more will run out. You should be good after that.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
The "keeping stuff in your boot will kill your range" is a myth, by the way. Expecting even 20kg to have an effect on a 2200kg car... not a chance. Compared to temperature, wind, dampness/rain, driving style and road types, it's an insignificant spec.

Unless you keep a 300kg baby elephant in there of course :).

·
Registered
303 Posts
On the subject of rattles, I've found one was the passenger headrest as my girlfriend wanted it to be higher up so that it wasn't touching the back of her head.

Now it rattles and I can't work out how to stop it, short of dropping it all the way back down...

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
On the subject of rattles, I've found one was the passenger headrest as my girlfriend wanted it to be higher up so that it wasn't touching the back of her head.

Now it rattles and I can't work out how to stop it, short of dropping it all the way back down...
I think @dave has found the same thing? Is it between detents, i.e. fixed positions? Maybe push it up or down a bit and give it a jiggle in case it locks in that position? Must admit I've not tried moving them...

·
Registered
277 Posts
  • Love the Google Maps behind the wheel, annoyed that google maps keep popping up on the main screen.
  • Don't often use the luggage divider, mostly to strap a couple of gas (petrol) cans to stop them moving about.
  • All the shopping bags go under the floor, leaving an empty boot. Just enough room in the trunk for that fortnightly shop to Tesco.
  • Boot width could be a bit longer/wider. Just get the shotgun in unbroken, diagonally across and going into that little recess at the rear drivers' side.
  • No rattles
  • The sound quality is good to me.
  • Google sometimes not synchronising my personal information. Home location is different to my phone home. Google podcasts don't seem to follow my queued list on my phone. Wish it would also use the Google home routines I have set up.
  • I like the instant accelaration
  • I like to wind up the petrol heads at my club

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,563 Posts

My headrest sound is less of a rattle.....

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I could have listed all the amazing things I like or have grown to like about the car during 8 months of ownership. But I'm not going to as those are discussed at length in other threads.
During the first 4-5 months we had quite a few bugs and stability issues. Now it seems rock-solid, with no connectivity issues, weird crashes, charging issues, window gaps, or anything. I'm not worried about the car acting up on me anymore and I'm very happy about how Polestar has grown and upped their support game since the early days.

Now with the 3d printed coffee cup holder created by @mroek, even the coffee situation is sorted.
This is important because coffee is what I want on long trips, but I also want the armrest down on those trips.

The only details I'm missing at the moment are the Phone as key and the app.

The following are some thoughts about minor things.

1. The speed sign camera. My previous Car Volvo V40 had a perfect camera showing correct speed 99% of the time. This is absolutely not the case in the Polestar. It will quite often get the speed completely wrong, or it will read the correct speed limit of 110 km/h but go back to show 80 shortly after. Apparently, this works differently in different markets, and some are mentioning a connection with map data. At least in Norway, I can say this is no good at the moment and I feel this functionality is lost compared to my old car and I miss it.
  2. Adaptive cruise control. I love it and use it all the time just like my previous car. But it is not much room around the pedal. On the V40 I used to rest my foot on the right side, but that doesn't work on the P2. So I keep trying to find a comfortable place to rest the foot on long trips. Lately, I've started resting the foot on the actual pedal, just trying not to press it to the point it will start to accelerate over the set cruise speed. Still, that doesn't sit quite right with me.
  3. There are rattling sounds at different speeds from places I can't identify. I have had this in all my previous cars also but since the P2 is relatively silent, I notice them more. Somewhere around the dash speaker, and somewhere behind me. It's hard to find and sort out, and not quite annoying enough to the point that I bother doing anything. But I'm occasionally thinking I should look into this.
  4. The fancy grocery bag holder in the floor hatch. Never ever used it because I always have other things in the trunk that will be in the way. I wonder if anyone else ever used it. I mean who actually has an almost empty trunk at all times? Certainly not me.
  5. I almost never use the frunk. I only open this to fill up window wash fluid, so that's what I use this area for..storing 10-liter fluid and a charging cable. It's not quite convenient enough to open the frunk. Perhaps this would be different had the bonnet been more like in the back. I wonder how this works on other EVs cause I have never thought about it enough to check.
  6. The center console has gotten much criticism but I have grown to like it. I occasionally drive a Tesla Model S with this enormous open center space and now I prefer the tight cockpit feeling of the P2. The downside might be what's mentioned in point 2 of this list regarding footrest.
Those are some of my thoughts about the minor things. I'm very much interested in hearing about what other owners experience and think about those details and perhaps other thoughts and experiences.
1. Agree. My 2016 Jag had not only this working perfectly, but also adaptive speed limited based on it. Perfect for variable speed country roads in areas I wasn't used to.

2. I don't personally have a problem, I think all my last 4 cars had this issue. However even on a 2.5 hour trip I was comfortable so not a deal breaker for me.

3. I have one noise in the rear left when going on some bumps. I assume it's just that type of hole / bump as it's very infrequent and I can't pin it down. But so rare I only notice for the same reason it'e very quiet.

4. My boot is always empty and we use the bag divider all the time, as most time we are doing 2-4 bags of shopping so it's nice it doesn't slide about it.

5. Use the Froot or Frunk for my 3 charging cables (11kw / 7kw / 3-Pin) and first aid kit. Helps keep the boot empty (see point 4!)

6. Agree - I like it but then I'm used to it and prefer that snug feel as per my last .... 8+ cars!

------

At 6 months now myself ... my only real niggle is wanting a one button press to get back to maps. Sometimes you can press the menu button you just pressed to change from maps, but doesn't work with every submenu, etc..

Also my old Stinger GTs 's boot was massive in comparison and I do miss it, as I could get 2 suitcases in without taking the shelf out ... although that's not the Polestar's fault .. it's not like it was advertised at 500L but then in cold weather it shrunk to 300L - so more a personal preference.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts