Polestar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught these vids on YouTube of Thomas Ingenlath, then head of design at Volvo, revealing the 40.1 concept which became the XC40, and the 40.2 concept which became the Polestar 2

background on the design thinking for the Volvo Group (via shoes....)

40.1 reveal

40.2 reveal (and discussion re electrification)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hadn't seen the 40.2 concept until now - I'm glad they changed the back and I think I prefer the more 'traditional' wing mirrors on the P2...Aesthetically I maybe wish they'd kept the flush door handles (better for aerodynamics too?!) but maybe they didn't run into the problems with Teslas and the fact they are too suspectible to freezing and/or maybe it was related to the fact the app wasn't available at launch?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't seen the 40.2 concept until now - I'm glad they changed the back and I think I prefer the more 'traditional' wing mirrors on the P2...Aesthetically I maybe wish they'd kept the flush door handles (better for aerodynamics too?!) but maybe they didn't run into the problems with Teslas and the fact they are too suspectible to freezing and/or maybe it was related to the fact the app wasn't available at launch?
agreed on everything including that flush door handles are more aesthetically pleasing. Although I do like the practicality of regular door handles that require no user manual or explanation. Also a firefighter friend said emergency personnel hate the electrically actuated handles because they can fail after crashes and the like. That’s of course an edge case, but it underlines the practical advantage of regular mechanical handles.

Reactions: HVS84
1 - 3 of 3 Posts