Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not mine, but from recent test drive at Farnborough...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any Thunderers having color remorse? Thunder is still the most dynamic to my eyes, but when I see in-the-flesh / non-stock photos of Moon I start to wonder...if Thunder was the right move.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
928 Posts
Any Thunderers having color remorse? Thunder is still the most dynamic to my eyes, but when I see in-the-flesh / non-stock photos of Moon I start to wonder...if Thunder was the right move.
Incidentally:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love it, but there will always be a part of me that is resentful of the fact it’s not the dark gun metal colour it appears to be on the configurator. That’s what I wanted when I ordered it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I come from Audi Daytona Grey with black optics (absolutely love that pearl metallic!) and was at first a bit uncurtain about the thunder we ordered, but I really like it. Defenitely the best of the available choises in my opnion. With tinted rear windows it's even better :)

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
680 Posts
I opted for thunder as well. I remember reading that Midnight was the favourite colour at the initial viewings. Has anyone received delivery in that colour yet?
Maybe like me they thought "why would I buy a new rare car in the most popular colour?"

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
Yes there have been a few midnight cars delivered. To be honest I can't understand why anyone would buy a rare car in the biggest-selling (and dullest) "colour" there is - grey! Each to their own though...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It's not Grey .... it's THUNDER!

It does have that high metallic paint that does make it change colour in different lights so not a flat dull grey .... erm thunder!

I thought it looked very nice on the test drive.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
I thought that of all the boring grey cars on the road (most of which seem to try to blend into the tarmac as much as possible), the Polestar's range of greys were the least boring, it has to be said. And I almost liked moon, but decided that was just grey with a hint of champagne gold in the end! I really wish they'd sell it in an actual colour, like a deep metallic red. No wonder people are wrapping these cars in various more interesting colours around the world...

Sorry, just remembered this is the Thunder owners thread. I'll shut up, don't wait to rain on others' parade :). It's a great car, enjoy it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
No remorse from here. BRING THE THUNDER. Moon looked like a dirty 1984 Maestro when I saw it in the flesh at Farnborough.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Having said that, I am disappointed they haven't got Polestar only colours. A friend has just taken delivery of his Volvo XC90 tank fossil burner in Thunder :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ordered a Thunder (does that mean if I hit someone they are Thunderstruck, cue AC?DC)?

I must admit I bought it based on the configurator showing a dark grey and then looked at a few reviews and thought it must be a different colour. I went with it because I'm over black interiors (Yes Audi & VW I'm looking at you), and Slate was not an option for Midnight which was my first choice.

Now looking forward to delivery. Just had my order confirmed, have a VIN but still don't have an ETA for delivery... When I ordered it was December, but wondering if a spare one came up so it might be delivered a bit earlier?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts