Polestar Forum banner

241 - 260 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
For what it's worth, Thunder/Charcoal is my preference as I am nearing placing an order. Like others have stated, I like the contrast. If I were to go with Midnight, I think I may prefer the Slate interior.

Having said that, my preference on colors and options changes daily, if not hourly, as I obsessively play with the configurator. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Having said that, my preference on colors and options changes daily, if not hourly, as I obsessively play with the configurator. :)
Been there, done that. I went from Thunder to Midnight on a daily basis, even after ordering I was still wavering.

Good luck with your decision you’ll get there in the end, it’s a great car whichever way you go.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
We went with Midnight and Charcoal and love the combination. Slate is very light indeed and it just looked tacky and cheap to me compared to charcoal - but of course it is very subjective! The panoramic roof makes the cabin very light and airy anyway so don't worry about it being dark with the charcoal colour scheme. You still get the lighter grey inserts across the dash too.

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
87 Posts
did my test drive in snow/charcoal and found the shades of ash & charcoal too closely related. Then saw a magnesium/slate in the showroom and immediately liked it. Slate has white stitchings while charcoal's stitching is yet another shade of carbon-based material.
Go for charcoal if you like a monochrome theme, go for slate if you like two-tone and a splash of contrast

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
127 Posts
I have Thunder / Charcoal and agree that it is not jet black like on the configuration. It is all down to personal taste but I like a contrast to the exterior colour and slate was too similar to the exterior for me.
Ditto. Like the charcoal best.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,561 Posts
Not easy to photo. Lighter than the online brochure but darker than our pics. Shall try to get some charcoal/slate comparison side by side shots when @Musketeer & me have our pint & a charge meet up soon.

·
Registered
420 Posts
For what it's worth, Thunder/Charcoal is my preference as I am nearing placing an order. Like others have stated, I like the contrast. If I were to go with Midnight, I think I may prefer the Slate interior.

FYI, Midnight only comes in Charcoal

241 - 260 of 291 Posts