Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I‘m new to this forum, and as of yet I don’t own an EV.
As the title suggests it’s time to order a new company car. My company has signed up to a global green initiative, which means that the car scheme has now changed so we have to have a BEV or PHEV.
So I am obviously considering the Polestar. I was looking at a T*sla too, but this is more expensive on the lease cost.
So I am after some advice. I am a mobile service engineer and travel around every day of the week. This might be at least 2 trips into London each week (100 mile round trip) and a few days in local towns. The site I go to in London has free charging points and the local town has chargers all over. One of the customers I visit has Genie Points. My company is installing a charge point at my home.
So my question is, how would the Polestar be on day-to-day use and the mileage I cover?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,197 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I‘m new to this forum, and as of yet I don’t own an EV.
As the title suggests it’s time to order a new company car. My company has signed up to a global green initiative, which means that the car scheme has now changed so we have to have a BEV or PHEV.
So I am obviously considering the Polestar. I was looking at a T*sla too, but this is more expensive on the lease cost.
So I am after some advice. I am a mobile service engineer and travel around every day of the week. This might be at least 2 trips into London each week (100 mile round trip) and a few days in local towns. The site I go to in London has free charging points and the local town has chargers all over. One of the customers I visit has Genie Points. My company is installing a charge point at my home.
So my question is, how would the Polestar be on day-to-day use and the mileage I cover?

Thanks in Advance
Travel as you have described = perfect for a Polestar 2. You will look at the common Tesla with disdain. It’s a no-brainer. I’m excited for you

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah perfect for lots of 100 mile a day round trips, especially with free charging when you get there.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 | Snow | Performance Package
26 Posts
I have 5300 miles on my P2 and I got mine about a month and a half ago. I drive about 100mi a day, and it's perfectly fine. The lowest SOC I've had was 45% but overnight charging on a 9.6kw charger takes 4-5hrs when I get that low.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
130 Posts
(To the OP) Don't forget with a PHEV you're lugging around an inefficient fossil engine with a small battery. The worst of both worlds in my opinion. You still have lots of maintenance for the fossil engine such servicing and oil changes, spark plugs etc. With your mileage you won't be on battery power for very long. The only justification you could have for owning a PHEV is that you do lots of small mileage journeys with the ability to keep topping up the battery. Oh wait... just get a BEV.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Exactly!

·
Registered
266 Posts
To me that looks like the perfect range profile for the Polestar 2. You can give it some beans and not really have to check the speed you're doing and you should still be able to get home on a single charge and get back to 90/100% ready for the next day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts