Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen the car in person, but a couple people who've posted reviews said that the sun through the sunroof was brutal. Granted they were testing on 100 degree F days. My XC60 had a panoramic sunroof, but there was a perforated sunshade that I kept close almost all the time.

So the question...Is the sun bothersome?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've heard it can be especially annoying on sunny days if you're bald.

I also have kids that sometimes nap in the car during drives, so I'll probably end up tinting to avoid making it too bright when they're trying to sleep.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I drove a non-PP in San Francisco at 5:15pm last week with a really nasty sun angle. The sunroof sun glare was really good compared to my other car (Land Rover w/pano roof). I drove it and then sat in the back while my wife drove it and I had direct sun coming at me - it was surprisingly fine, I was honestly surprised. I do wish it had a cover like my other car, specifically for the reasons you are giving, but felt much better after that experience.

The rest of my family is always annoyed that I want to keep the sun shade closed on the other car so maybe this will be a win-win :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
From the pictures I've seen it's pretty well tinted already compared to the side windows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it's like the Ipace an aftermarket tint may do some damage to a film already in place. My ipace has some sort of coating on it already for heat/UV - you can feel the difference vs the regular tinted rear side windows. Jaguar doesn't recommend you tint it. Polestar should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I test drove am I-Pace in June, it was sunny but not hot ... from memory around 18-20deg. That sunroof was not imho coated enough in both UV reflection and/or tint.

I drove the Polestar 2 on a 28deg with the sun being mostly shaded (but not completely at all times) and never gave the roof a 2nd though both when I was driving and sitting in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts