Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered this today, only because I had a nail in my other car's tire so was inspecting the Polestar - a big chunk of rubber is missing from the tread! I have never seen anything like this, anyone else?

I have PP with a little under 400 miles, so have the summer tires, but I just checked WeatherUnderground and the temp has been in the 50's and 60's during the day since I received the car, and the lowest temps around 45 in the early morning when we are asleep. The car stays in a garage where the temp stays around 65.

Does anyone know if I can claim something like this under the tire manufacturer warranty? Anyone else checked their tires for damage?

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
I think that's a scar from hitting something sharp. I don't think that's indicative of a fault in the tire construction. You were wise to check operating temperatures, and I concur they seem fine to me, so I don't think that can be the source of the problem.

You haven't been driving through construction zones, have you?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
What the Professor said, that looks like a gash from road debris. I don't know what their policy is on the tires, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to reach out.

Summer tires suck in the cold because they're like hockey pucks, but they won't just fall apart.

Reactions: Jeff_in_SF

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that's a scar from hitting something sharp. I don't think that's indicative of a fault in the tire construction. You were wise to check operating temperatures, and I concur they seem fine to me, so I don't think that can be the source of the problem.

You haven't been driving through construction zones, have you?
I suppose most of San Francisco is a construction zone these days, but the roads we've been driving (back and forth to kids school and occasional burritos) are all fine. I guess I'm just very unlucky. I'm taking it in for the towbar install next week so will ask if they are still safe to drive on. I imagine even getting a replacement will take some time 😧

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I suppose most of San Francisco is a construction zone these days, but the roads we've been driving (back and forth to kids school and occasional burritos) are all fine. I guess I'm just very unlucky. I'm taking it in for the towbar install next week so will ask if they are still safe to drive on. I imagine even getting a replacement will take some time 😧
It's a little close to the shoulder, but maybe you can get it fixed. Regardless, I'd reach out now and not wait.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
If it's not too deep, I doubt it's unsafe, but then, I'm no expert.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ah, California roads. I had an entire mattress come flying at me from the back of a pickup the other week. My first thought was, “Well it was nice having a new car for 2 months,” but somehow we managed to emerge unscathed. Friends, if you’ve not experienced the amount of mess and debris on CA roadways, you’ve not truly lived as a driver.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
Ah, California roads. I had an entire mattress come flying at me from the back of a pickup the other week. My first thought was, “Well it was nice having a new car for 2 months,” but somehow we managed to emerge unscathed. Friends, if you’ve not experienced the amount of mess and debris on CA roadways, you’ve not truly lived as a driver.
in Sweden it’s the moose test.
Here it’s the mattress that

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
I nearly crashed into a two seater sofa on London's north circular road a couple of years ago. It was dark, and so was the sofa...

Fly tipping is a popular sport in the UK and random bits of furniture or kitchen cabinets are often found in quiet country lanes, however it was quite a surprise to see a sofa on the A406 at 50mph!

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Here in New England, you can have your pick between deer, moose, and turkeys. And, of course, weekend Bob who has more faith in two twenty year old bungee straps than the coronavirus vaccine.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Well the weekend is upon us. Post a pic of any stray furniture/limbs you encounter. We can unite our countries through the common thread of dickheadry (dickheadery? not sure of the spelling)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here in New England, you can have your pick between deer, moose, and turkeys. And, of course, weekend Bob who has more faith in two twenty year old bungee straps than the coronavirus vaccine.
In terms of local fauna, it's deers, foxes and pheasants in the home counties.

Foxes are quite smart, but I had a few close calls with pheasants. They often dash out of the hedges and decide to stop in the middle of the road. I've seen a car in front of me hit one, it exploded into a cloud of feathers and did quite a bit of damage.

Edit: A near miss:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I had to evade a homeless man with a death wish a bit back. Just strolled out onto a 6 lane road without bothering to look for traffic. Does that count as "fauna?"

·
Registered
867 Posts
I had to evade a homeless man with a death wish a bit back. Just strolled out onto a 6 lane road without bothering to look for traffic. Does that count as "fauna?"
Well, the OED defines 'fauna' as the animals of a particular region, habitat, or geological period. That would seem to include the feral **** sapiens you evaded, yes :)

Edit: Seems like the forum will not display h o m o s a p i e n s, I wonder why.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
Edit: Seems like the forum will not display h o m o s a p i e n s, I wonder why.
This is a test of the forum censoring system. Do not be alarmed. This is only a test:

TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE

For the ones that end up *-ed out, a pint to whomever guesses them correctly!

edit: I'm going to go ahead and leave this up as it's completely ridiculous - albeit hilarious - of what's being filtered out and what's not.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
This is a test of the forum censoring system. Do not be alarmed. This is only a test:

For the ones that end up *-ed out, a pint to whomever guesses them correctly!

edit: I'm going to go ahead and leave this up as it's completely ridiculous - albeit hilarious - of what's being filtered out and what's not.
Well, I know a certain user's name is filtered, so...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts