Polestar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered 2 off PS2’s for my Bus. Partner & I via our preferred broker in July (use them for most of our fleet vehicles), both with PP.

Similar to most on here we are still only at “order confirmed” status - but do have indicative PDD dates if Oct & Nov.

After chasing again today I received an email from PS “confirming our order status is confirmed..!?!”

Feeling a bit miffed I thought I’d check our brokers website to see if anything else interesting caught my eye - to see the PS2 listed at a very attractive headline price.

I added all options and set mileage and profile to match and sue enough its nearly £50/month cheaper Ex VAT per vehicle, which amounts to circa £2.5k over the term less than our deal.

I called them up and they confirmed that they have just been accepted as a preferred Polestar provider, which via an alternate funder (not Leaseplan) has afforded them preferential pricing on 375 vehicles, a number of these being stock cars.

They don’t have the stock list yet, but have confirmed that they are more than happy to switch the deal, but as a diff funder we would lose our slot and would be a new order.

If any stock cars were of interest these would be a Dec delivery, if factory order then Q1 2021.

My dilemma is what to do, stick or twist..? The cost saving is obviously a consideration, but to be honest its the fact that we could lease for 2 years, not 3 and still save £30/month per car, which would be preferable as we like to change our cars pretty regularly (and already have one eye on something interesting for 2022-3).

Both our current leases have now gone back and we’ve jumped into spare Connect vans, which is fine short term but not really something we want to be doing for more than a month or so tbh.

I need to make the call tomorrow, and struggling what to do for the best - any thoughts/assistance greatly received..!!! :oops:

TIA

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would go with the new deal if you can be a bit flexible on colour / spec, I also only ever lease for 2 years and I have priced up the deal on your brokers site compared to what I have paid direct with Leaseplan and it would save me £2k over the 2 year lease. However I am happy with the deal I got (9 months down and £387.00 + VAT pm) std car met paint.

I think there are more cars in the UK ready for delivery than people think it is just Polestar are new and their systems are not quite up to speed yet. My order was confirmed 20-Aug and it is currently showing as planning delivery so 6 weeks from order is pretty good really.

The only caveat would be that I placed an order with a broker at the beginning of July and went through all the finance vetting etc and when it came to placing the order they suddenly couldn’t give me the offer price, it went up by over £150.00 pm.

If you do stick with your original order it does suddenly move very quick, I was told verbally by Polestar my delivery date would be December, 2 days later (last Friday) I was told the car was in the country and they were planning delivery looking at possibly next week.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It will be interesting to see their stock list for December delivery. The deal sounds good. With them I could get the 20" wheels added on for the same price I'm paying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys - I'm inclined to agree.Think I'll start the ball rolling finance appication wise and then see whats on teh stock list, which will prob determine if we re-order or not..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cheers guys - I'm inclined to agree.Think I'll start the ball rolling finance appication wise and then see whats on teh stock list, which will prob determine if we re-order or not..
I'd make sure that they can guarantee those prices before you give up your place in the queue it seems way too cheap to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts