Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, folks!

I’m working on finalizing my order for the Polestar 2, and I’m torn between getting the Performance Pack or the Leather seats. I can pick only one. Wife’s orders. 😜

The Polestar is going to be my commute car and I drive about 100 miles each working day. Plus, free charging at work, so it works out well!

How much of a difference does the Performance Pack make to the experience?

I am an existing Volvo customer and I’m very familiar with the Leather seats in my XC90 and I love them. I’m a bit worried about the wear and tear and long term maintenance of the tan leather. What’s the experience for existing owners? Have you had any treatments done to the seats to help them stay in good shape?

thanks in advance for your help and comments. ☺

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
Hello, folks!

I’m working on finalizing my order for the Polestar 2, and I’m torn between getting the Performance Pack or the Leather seats. I can pick only one. Wife’s orders. 😜

The Polestar is going to be my commute car and I drive about 100 miles each working day. Plus, free charging at work, so it works out well!

How much of a difference does the Performance Pack make to the experience?

I am an existing Volvo customer and I’m very familiar with the Leather seats in my XC90 and I love them. I’m a bit worried about the wear and tear and long term maintenance of the tan leather. What’s the experience for existing owners? Have you had any treatments done to the seats to help them stay in good shape?

thanks in advance for your help and comments. ☺
I have a leather, nonPP 19" car. I recently had a WeaveTech, PP as a loaner.

If it were up to me, I'd choose the PP over the leather. If it's up to my wife she would choose the leather..... and coincidentally we have the leather :)

The nonPP suspension is good. The PP suspension is great. Even if you're not looking at carving up canyons, I found the PP suspension in its middle settings to be a net more comfortable ride, dealing better with bumps in the road, perhaps having less noise associated with those bumps, and having less body roll in the corners - which I wonder if may lessen likelihood of nausea for the kids when we do go on twisty roads. I'm fairly certain that the most comfortable ride would be the PP set up in comfort settings, and possibly switching the summer tires for all season grand tourers. Or, if you're looking for sportiness, keep everything in the factory spec or even go firmer on the suspension.

Re leather vs WeaveTech, I do think the leather looks and feels nicer, it's more plush than the fabric - but the WeaveTech is pretty nice too and I'd be happy with it longer term. That degree of a difference is marginal to me but it's a bigger deal to my wife.

Not sure if this helps! Basically comes down to which priorities you value more - flatness and smoothness of ride vs visual appeal and keeping your tush happy?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the insights! Really appreciate it! Yeah, I don’t intend to go mountain carving for sure, so I think I would be happy with the non-PP version. Also, I do like to keep my tush happy, and I like the ventilated seats, since I do have a need for those during summer. 😜

That does help provide a lot of context for me.

How has the leather been for you so far in terms of maintenance?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a non-pp with leather. I opted for the leather because I live in SoCal where a black interior can make a car swelter. I love the ventilated seats. Seat cooling is one of my favorite options on any car. The Napa leather is soft and durable. As for the PP question, I drive predominantly on freeways and occasionally on canyons, I find the non PP suspension to be very forgiving and very comfortable. The lower profile tires may not like the crappy socal roads, so for the money, I would say it's not worth it.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
How has the leather been for you so far in terms of maintenance?
No issues yet! Have 2 kids and basically laid down protectors over the whole rear bench. For the one spill we had back there, that seeped under the protectors, the leather cleaned up nicely.
For the front seats I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. But have only had the car since November.
The WeaveTech cleans up well too (kids....), but I do wonder if the leather is actually easier to clean than the fabric.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Consumption with PP is about 10% worse.

I think you'd be happy with either, they are both nice options on a fab car. I have the PP and find it good, visually lifts the car and, as mentioned, the Ohlins dampers are excellent. It's a heavy car so not really one for driving pleasure.

The ventilated seats woul be nice and Volvo premium leather is fab.

If it were me speccing again I'd choose PP first and leather second, but I might try and spring for both. Hesitation would be gold belts with barley leather might look bad.

·
Registered
Midnight & Barley Polestar 2 w/ PP
14 Posts
It's a heavy car so not really one for driving pleasure.
🤨
To each their own, but I think the fact that you can throw 4700lbs around a corner like you can with the PP is part of the fun. Not to mention being able to throw ~500lbft of torque at the road instantly when coming out of a turn.

gold belts with barley leather might look bad.
I was also concerned about the lack of contrast, but it’s fine. And passengers love the novelty of the gold seatbelts.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
The better choice is neither. Put $5K in your pocket and go on vacation. The weave tech is a very nice interior that feels great (even after 20 years of leather cars including 2 Volvos). And the PP is great if you have to have the yellow bling, but is not something you will gain any daily driving pleasure from. If you plan on tracking your car or pushing the limits the PP might be valuable. But for driving back and forth to work it's a waste of money. The non-PP car handles extremely well -- and a lot better than your XC90.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Well, for the record, I don't regret getting the PP at all. $5000 is indeed a lot of money that could well be saved or spent on something else. But I feel I got good value out of the extra bucks. It's a personal decision.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I also got the PP and an very happy with it. And it's amazing to me how many people fawn over the seat belts. Its actually sort of weird.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
I have a secret love of the Swedish gold seatbelts. I didn't want to spend the money on the PP due to 20" wheels and £5k, but I think the gold seatbelts would be great with the Midnight colour scheme (@Mick might just agree here :)).

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you all for the detailed responses. It does help me to learn from your experiences. :-D
So to summarize - it's a coin toss if people think it's worth it. ;)

I'm in the same boat (of a car). Been wrestling with these decisions. I really like the lighter wood that comes with the leather but the leather itself looks scarily unprepared to deal with my messy kids + dogs

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
So to summarize - it's a coin toss if people think it's worth it. ;)

I'm in the same boat (of a car). Been wrestling with these decisions. I really like the lighter wood that comes with the leather but the leather itself looks scarily unprepared to deal with my messy kids + dogs
I don't know about the dog, but my kids puked all the time on leather with no ill effects.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts