Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I have a secret love of the Swedish gold seatbelts. I didn't want to spend the money on the PP due to 20" wheels and £5k, but I think the gold seatbelts would be great with the Midnight colour scheme (@Mick might just agree here :)).
When I approach my car at night in a parking lot with sodium vapor lights, the magnesium color is extraordinary, and on several occasions I've thought how unappealing it would have looked with the yellow/gold calipers. Particularly with the non-PP 20s, the wheel openings are much bigger and the disks also glisten against the black on the wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
LOL!!! Fortunately both.

Their car seats took a beating, but the leather in the car was rather easy to cleanup.
Dude. My heart goes out to you. And your kids.

But yeah, my current black leather has held up fairly strong (no puking though) but that light color looks less forgiving.

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
77 Posts
Have a non-PP magnesium and found out after ordering that the PP gets the blacked out section between sunroof and rear window. I just LOVE the attention to details, the limited amount of choice makes it even more admirable

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Dude. My heart goes out to you. And your kids.

But yeah, my current black leather has held up fairly strong (no puking though) but that light color looks less forgiving.
I don't know....that tan leather might match the puke pretty well 😆 🤣

·
Registered
720 Posts
I love the way the PP handles and that I can tinker with the suspension, but the styling is what really sold me on it. The gold accents help break up the rather dull color options the car comes in, and the blacked out roof section is a nice little touch. I appreciate those little details, and they help the car look the part of a performance sedan... erm, "fastback."

FWIW, my mom constantly praises the ride of the car. It's firm, but not stiff.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you decide on magnesium or thunder, then leather is unavailable...or opt out and get a rooftent and towbar to carry bikes and make it a life style vehicle 😁

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I’ve literally put together an excel sheet with the various color/options/seats packages to do an evaluation. I was able to get exact fees and taxes numbers from the Polestar folks, so that helped me make accurate calculations for the final price. Getting closer to making a decision. 😜

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I'd love that light wood without having to go with leather.
When I did a factory delivery of my S60 back in 2001 I was able to pick any combination I wanted. I got the sport package with wood inlays instead of chrome, an interior leather that normally they wouldn't match, and a different non-sport wheel style that I liked better. Somewhere today that car is probably still running around and it is totally unique.

On this car I went with the magnesium, which turned out to be much more interesting than I anticipated, the slate interior since I prefer a lighter color in a small car (and it's not as light as I was worried about), and the 20" non-PP wheels because I think they are much better looking than any other option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I did a factory delivery of my S60 back in 2001 I was able to pick any combination I wanted. I got the sport package with wood inlays instead of chrome, an interior leather that normally they wouldn't match, and a different non-sport wheel style that I liked better. Somewhere today that car is probably still running around and it is totally unique.

On this car I went with the magnesium, which turned out to be much more interesting than I anticipated, the slate interior since I prefer a lighter color in a small car (and it's not as light as I was worried about), and the 20" non-PP wheels because I think they are much better looking than any other option.
I'm debating Magnesium / Thunder, most likely Charcoal interior, but would rather the whole interior not be so dark (need it for kiddos though). PP vs no-PP? 19 vs 20? Go back and forth every day.

Hard when you haven't seen it in the flesh and live near a city (Baltimore) that's not close to a Space. Yet.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
I'm debating Magnesium / Thunder, most likely Charcoal interior, but would rather the whole interior not be so dark (need it for kiddos though). PP vs no-PP? 19 vs 20? Go back and forth every day.

Hard when you haven't seen it in the flesh and live near a city (Baltimore) that's not close to a Space. Yet.
The PP gold valve caps won't last 22 sec in Bawlmer. But if you're just going into town to commute to a secured garage and then back home in the county, that probably works.

We have the leather interior and cover the back seat with protectors under the car seats and that works well so far, even with the lighter interior. WeaveTech does clean well too it seems.

19" - smoother ride, greater efficiency, faster due to lower rotational inertia
20" - looks better, potentially handles better, more risk of pothole induced damage (god help you on much of Balt roads, e.g. Orleans)

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

I live near Balt as well. You can look for me on 695 😆

I think Thunder could look a little drab, whereas the Magnesium really pops, especially at night. As for the PP, you will never come close to using it anywhere around here, and the car handles amazingly without it. It's a big check, but if you like the yellow bling and the PP wheels go for it. The other thought that always comes to mind around here is that you want to fly under the radar considering the high crime rate. Having a bunch of yellow on your car doesn't exactly make you low key. The squeegee kids will eat you alive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live near Balt as well. You can look for me on 695 😆

I think Thunder could look a little drab, whereas the Magnesium really pops, especially at night. As for the PP, you will never come close to using it anywhere around here, and the car handles amazingly without it. It's a big check, but if you like the yellow bling and the PP wheels go for it. The other thought that always comes to mind around here is that you want to fly under the radar considering the high crime rate. Having a bunch of yellow on your car doesn't exactly make you low key. The squeegee kids will eat you alive.
I live in an idyllic part of Columbia, but considering I somehow got a CX-5 stolen close to here, you may be right. In fairness to those kids that stole it, I may or may not have left my keys in the car. Those squeegee kids can be scary though.

Sending the kids to college or yellow seat belts? Tough call.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I just noticed that the PP comes with Continental SportContact 6 Summer tires. Anyone in the Northern California (San Francisco Bay Area) climates experienced any issues with those during the winter/spring? Or did you change the tires? 🙂

We don’t go below 32F (0C). But we do get some kinda decent rain in that weather. Would it be better to swap the tires out for the winter? 🤔

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I live in an idyllic part of Columbia, but considering I somehow got a CX-5 stolen close to here, you may be right. In fairness to those kids that stole it, I may or may not have left my keys in the car. Those squeegee kids can be scary though.

Sending the kids to college or yellow seat belts? Tough call.
Columbia is definitely nicer. I'm also on 29 a lot. I used to live in an idyllic part of Mont. Co. Ah the good 'ol days.

Stick that 5K in a 529.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts