Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

Registered
I just noticed that the PP comes with Continental SportContact 6 Summer tires. Anyone in the Northern California (San Francisco Bay Area) climates experienced any issues with those during the winter/spring? Or did you change the tires? 馃檪

We don鈥檛 go below 32F (0C). But we do get some kinda decent rain in that weather. Would it be better to swap the tires out for the winter? 馃
That's another issue. Living in the mid-atlantic region, AS tires are the only way to go.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I just called Polestar here and they said that they鈥檇 get back to me about this one. Seems like a number of potential customers have been asking them if we can get the car delivered with the all season tires instead of the summer tires. That鈥檒l save us another $1200 or so of future expenses on tire replacement! 馃檮

Registered
2021 2
I just called Polestar here and they said that they鈥檇 get back to me about this one. Seems like a number of potential customers have been asking them if we can get the car delivered with the all season tires instead of the summer tires. That鈥檒l save us another $1200 or so of future expenses on tire replacement! 馃檮
they have OEM AS tires identified for each wheel size. I believe @Amanda got the PP and promptly switched to AS tires. I ( and others on the forum) got them to switch my 19鈥 nonPP spec to AS since they told me it comes w AS tires only for me to find they were summers after delivery.

If you aren鈥檛 going to track the car then little reason to use the summers in your area - I鈥檇 demand AS in that case.
you could then say why get the PP? But for me I think I鈥檇 like the performance suspension for the twisties

my ideal in retrospect would be PP suspension/chassis, but regular brakes to allow smaller rims for more comfort and efficiency.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
they have OEM AS tires identified for each wheel size. I believe @Amanda got the PP and promptly switched to AS tires. I ( and others on the forum) got them to switch my 19鈥 nonPP spec to AS since they told me it comes w AS tires only for me to find they were summers after delivery.

If you aren鈥檛 going to track the car then little reason to use the summers in your area - I鈥檇 demand AS in that case.
you could then say why get the PP? But for me I think I鈥檇 like the performance suspension for the twisties

my ideal in retrospect would be PP suspension/chassis, but regular brakes to allow smaller rims for more comfort and efficiency.
Thanks for that insight, @polerad. That鈥檚 what I asked them to do. I do like the idea of the sporty suspension, but having summer tires in the San Francisco Bay Area is not reasonable since I don鈥檛 intend to take the car to the track. Apparently, a number of people have asked them for the same thing and they鈥檙e considering doing it. Hopefully, they will. 馃檪

Registered
Thanks for that insight, @polerad. That鈥檚 what I asked them to do. I do like the idea of the sporty suspension, but having summer tires in the San Francisco Bay Area is not reasonable since I don鈥檛 intend to take the car to the track. Apparently, a number of people have asked them for the same thing and they鈥檙e considering doing it. Hopefully, they will. 馃檪
Trust me when I tell you that there is nothing "non-sporty" about the standard suspension. The car is sprung pretty tight and the suspension is very firm and compliant. This is no Lexus.

Registered
Trust me when I tell you that there is nothing "non-sporty" about the standard suspension. The car is sprung pretty tight and the suspension is very firm and compliant. This is no Lexus.
Taking looks out of equation, you wish you had the 19 inch wheels for additional comfort or nah?

Registered
Taking looks out of equation, you wish you had the 19 inch wheels for additional comfort or nah?
Not really. The ride on the 20s is firm but very compliant. It's not giggly like an old BMW M3. You feel the bumps, but it's not jarring. I'm ok with that, but it's definitely personal preference. If you are used to a slightly softer ride you might prefer the 19s. But even then you won't be disappointed because the car is very tight, the COG is very low, and it handles wonderfully for it's weight.

When you think about it, 19s are still very big wheels. The last car I had with 20s was a huge SUV.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Oh, I totally believe you! 馃槄

Premium Member
I have the PP and love it. I don't have a problem with the 20 "rims but, of course, I've never tried the 19" rims for comparison.

A/S tires make sense, but I'm swapping summer and winter wheel sets. There are some small advantages to summer tires over A/S tires if you do. For one thing, summer tires have a less aggressive tread and, therefore, are marginally quieter.

Reactions: Mick

Registered
Hello, folks!

I鈥檓 working on finalizing my order for the Polestar 2, and I鈥檓 torn between getting the Performance Pack or the Leather seats. I can pick only one. Wife鈥檚 orders. 馃槣

The Polestar is going to be my commute car and I drive about 100 miles each working day. Plus, free charging at work, so it works out well!

How much of a difference does the Performance Pack make to the experience?

I am an existing Volvo customer and I鈥檓 very familiar with the Leather seats in my XC90 and I love them. I鈥檓 a bit worried about the wear and tear and long term maintenance of the tan leather. What鈥檚 the experience for existing owners? Have you had any treatments done to the seats to help them stay in good shape?

thanks in advance for your help and comments. 鈽

Registered
I have the PP and love it. I don't have a problem with the 20 "rims but, of course, I've never tried the 19" rims for comparison.

A/S tires make sense, but I'm swapping summer and winter wheel sets. There are some small advantages to summer tires over A/S tires if you do. For one thing, summer tires have a less aggressive tread and, therefore, are marginally quieter.
Do not need either one! Big wheels too firm and reduce range. You will never touch calipers under car and standard vegan seats are fine. If you must I would opt for leather!

Registered
Do not need either one! Big wheels too firm and reduce range. You will never touch calipers under car and standard vegan seats are fine. If you must I would opt for leather!
If I had liked the 19" wheel style better I would have been more than happy with them.

On my old S60 they had a special 17" wheel for the sport suspension that I didn't like (back then 17 was considered really big). Because I did a factory delivery I was able to spec a better looking 16" wheel with the sport suspension.

Premium Member
Did you mean to say I'd never adjust the shocks? Well, I agree most won't, but I like tinkering and I certainly have and won't hesitate to adjust them again.

It's just an option. I got it and enjoy it. I respect those who have decided not to get it.

I don't see a problem here, do you?

Registered
Did you mean to say I'd never adjust the shocks? Well, I agree most won't, but I like tinkering and I certainly have and won't hesitate to adjust them again.

It's just an option. I got it and enjoy it. I respect those who have decided not to get it.

I don't see a problem here, do you?
I think it's great if you like it and got it and play with it. Of course I would be willing to guess that more than half the people with the PP never touch the shocks. They buy it because of what it "is", or they like the bling, or they like the wheels.

Premium Member
I think it's great if you like it and got it and play with it. Of course I would be willing to guess that more than half the people with the PP never touch the shocks. They buy it because of what it "is", or they like the bling, or they like the wheels.
When I was on the forums 12 years ago for my previous car, I started out (and I'm not proud of this) disrespecting those folks who took, say, a good Honda Civic and modified it over and over until the resulting car obviously performed worse than when they started. But my perspective changed on this. In the end, if somebody is enjoying what they're doing and they enjoy the final result, who am I to criticize them? Life is short. If you have a passion for something and share that passion with others and enjoy the resulting community... if every time you get into your car and enjoy it, for whatever reason, then I now say "good for you!" Right?

So if somebody gets the PP because they want the gold seat belts and valve caps and fancy brakes so they can show off a bit, as long as they don't get all snobby and disagreeable about it, then I also say "Excellent!" I don't think there's anything wrong (providing it works with your budget) spending a little more to get a car that looks a way you enjoy. Shoot, don't most of us fork out an extra grand to get a color we like more?

Yup... if you're driving around with a smile on your face, be it a lowered Honda with a wing, or a Polestar with gold seat belts... as long as you're not disrespecting others and thinking you're better than others... Here's to you!

Registered
When I was on the forums 12 years ago for my previous car, I started out (and I'm not proud of this) disrespecting those folks who took, say, a good Honda Civic and modified it over and over until the resulting car obviously performed worse than when they started. But my perspective changed on this. In the end, if somebody is enjoying what they're doing and they enjoy the final result, who am I to criticize them? Life is short. If you have a passion for something and share that passion with others and enjoy the resulting community... if every time you get into your car and enjoy it, for whatever reason, then I now say "good for you!" Right?

So if somebody gets the PP because they want the gold seat belts and valve caps and fancy brakes so they can show off a bit, as long as they don't get all snobby and disagreeable about it, then I also say "Excellent!" I don't think there's anything wrong (providing it works with your budget) spending a little more to get a car that looks a way you enjoy. Shoot, don't most of us fork out an extra grand to get a color we like more?

Yup... if you're driving around with a smile on your face, be it a lowered Honda with a wing, or a Polestar with gold seat belts... as long as you're not disrespecting others and thinking you're better than others... Here's to you!
I couldn't agree more (y)

Particularly as you age you realize it's your money, and it's all about doing what you like. No one can/should take that away.

Registered
Amen, Professor. Preach on!

Registered
Well said Prof. I've mentioned before that this is the best forum I have come across where the spirit you have eloquently described exists. It would be a shame if a few a few poorly chosen words spoil that. But, given that we all seem now to be in agreement, I will shut up.

Registered
Well said Prof. I've mentioned before that this is the best forum I have come across where the spirit you have eloquently described exists. It would be a shame if a few a few poorly chosen words spoil that. But, given that we all seem now to be in agreement, I will shut up.
As they sell more cars, more people will likely join. You never know where things might veer off course. :confused:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts