Polestar Forum banner

1 - 21 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The day is here! It actually didn't feel like the wait was that long in the end! At 10:30 I have an appointment with the local Volvo dealer to hand over my car. I'll be taking a taxi there as my wife has our only car at work.

Can't wait!! Updates to come!

Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
Enjoy - really hope it lives up to everything you have been hoping..
Mine is tomorrow. I'm excited but also a little nervous. As mine is a 6xxx VIN and I'm praying all the early production problems have been rectified on it. They assure me they have but PS's track record still leaves nervous until I see for myself.
Enjoy your handover day

Registered
Hope all goes well. My delivery day was yesterday after waiting six months and guess what.......driver was unwell, close but no cigar.... I don't know why but I was half expecting a call. I feel I have made a dreadful mistake. I sincerely hope yours arrives and is glitch free. Good luck!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
The moment I've been waiting for!

In the taxi on the way there I took another look at the delivery checklist. Not so many items on it that I really needed to keep in mind, so I just committed it all to memory so I didn't need to faff around with my phone at the dealership. I got to the dealer a little early so had a look around at their show cars while I waited. I must say the new back end of the V90 is a subtle but nice improvement, it really adds a bit more interest to the design!

Anyway, on to Polestar! I was taken through to a bright white delivery area that had space for two polestars in preparation for delivery, of course, mine being one of them. First we sat down and took a few minutes to sign the paperwork digitally then swiftly on to the car.

We took a walk around first, I was shown the boot, he demonstrated the different ways to open it, then went on to show the tow hook, all functional as expected.

Next on to the frunk, where, the jack, holder and wrench were expectedly. We made a note to follow up on that at the end. It is polestar's decision to not deliver any cars in Sweden with these parts.

Time to sit down, I got into the car and immediately noticed a few slight scratches in the piano black. This is a lease car and I am going to wrap it anyway so I'm not that fussed about it really. The employee proceeded to help me set up my google account and then walked me through a few menus and features. He already knew from discussion that I am coming from a Volvo so he knew what to expect in terms of my own knowledge of at least some of the functions.

With all that set up, I drove out and parked up in one of the demo car spots so that I could go back in to the parts desk to get the missing bits ordered. The advantage of living in Gothenburg: the wrench is available later today whilst the jack and insert will be available to collect from 11:00 tomorrow!

I drove the short distance home and unpacked the summer wheels and winter mats, I checked the wheels and oh no! one of them is scratched! I have already phoned customer services, hopefully they can replace that before I switch the wheels at the end of winter. No particular rush but I wanted to report it immediately. The customer service representative was a little surprised and started to talk about how it was an insurance issue. I pointed out immediately that it is most certainly NOT an insurance issue, it is a delivery issue. He backtracked and agreed.

Anyway... Photos!

Presented nicely in the delivery space, plugged in and already charged to 90%

Parked up outside. Thunder really looks different in differing light conditions!

Parked up outside my house. Normally it will live in the carport where the charger is

In the carport, plugged in and charging at 16A 3 phase. Unloading the summer wheels

Oh no!! a scratch!

Stacked next to the V90 summer wheels. The V90 will be going away in the last week of the month.

My wife will be taking the car to work during the daytimes so I need to find reasons to go out in the evenings and weekends!

Registered
Congratulations @Snood, at last! Looks tremendous and awaits your controlled piloting out on the open road. Very pleased for you, enjoy your new toy. (y)

Registered
Wow, that colour in different lights is quite impressive. Shame about the wheel, but good (after an initial discussion) they are sorting it. I so wish we could have such an approach to pick-up, I feel we will be waiting for a while yet here in the UK.

Premium Member
'Bout damned time! Congrats!

Looking forward to the posts you bring forward with first hand experience.

Reactions: Snood

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
Very pleased for you - lots of deliveries coming through again now which is great! You can finally test all your theories and suggestions first-hand :).

Reactions: Snood

Registered
Car looks great, also shows off just how much you can fit in the hatchback with the seats down. Four wheels with tyres is pretty impressive. I get more and more jealous every time I see someone take delivery

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. I have just had a call from Polestar CS asking me to bring the scratched wheel with me when I go to collect the jack etc. The dealership will see what they can do to repair or order a new one... I can tell you now that they will be ordering a new one!

Reactions: polerad

Registered
Thunder 鈿 | Non-PP | 20" | Towbar | Damn good looking driver
Looks good man! Good color choice :). Have fun, just driving around is fun to. I've been doing that the past month because of the lockdown. No driving to work for me :(

Registered
Congratulations - great looking car! I'm glad you're getting things sorted out also.

Registered
Fantastic, congratulations! Feels like you started your waiting game ages ago. And a great looking car indeed. It's almost like I want to buy it all over again.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
I took it out for a drive last night after we got our daughter to bed. I took it on a mix of highway and country roads. I was particularly keen to try out the automatic pixel lights and to test out DC charging. Some notes from my drive:

• I had test driven the car so it wasn't a totally new experience for me, but that acceleration! incredibly impressive!
  • Pixel lights: same underlying technology as what is on my Volvo V90 but what a difference in end result. The shadowing is so clear and effective. Not once was i flashed by an oncoming driver, this happens so often with the Volvo as to make it useless.
  • DC charging: I first arrived at a charger with a broken CCS connector, I would have used the plugsurfing card there. So i hopped across the road to the McDonalds to try the 50kw charger they had there. It was a system I have never heard of but there was a QR code to scan and pay. initialisation took a moment and started charging quickly. No need to hold the connector or anything like that. Plug in, pay, charge. I only stayed long enough to receive less than 1kw of charge. I only wanted to test and was at 74% battery anyway.
  • turn indicators: I don't know if this is by design or not, but I noticed that right at the tip of the wing mirrors it flashes red, just subtly. There's no dedicated diode, it's just bleed through from the amber lights on the front side, but I do wonder if that is bey design?
  • rattles: I don't seem to have any of the commonly mentioned rattles, although there may be something to investigate around the back left seat, not sure.
  • OPD: I really can't decide if I actually like the OPD or not. I use ACC often, and coming off from that can be jarring when OPD is active.. I need more miles to figure out what I want to use.

I also installed the rubber floor mats.. or, I tried to. It turns out that the pack of mats that I got contains two rear left mats and no rear right mat. I'm off to the dealer today to pick up the jack and show them the damaged wheel.

In all, a lovely drive, super happy with my choice.

Registered
Try OPD LOW ... it's a bit more aggressive than ICE "engine braking" but not enough you can't get a feel for OPD. I hardly use STANDARD now unless I'm city driving a lot - yes you can get used to it, but when LOW does a similar job 99% without me having to get that right foot perfect it's more "old fashioned" style of natural driving, and I end up using the brake peddle vary rarely.

Glade you are enjoying the car!

1 - 21 of 36 Posts