Polestar Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,523 Posts
I had a really annoying rear right rattle that I couldn't find in the trim or anything. I realised eventually it was the window having too much play and having moved completely to one side and rattling against the trim, so I sent it down and then back up again and sure enough - the rattle's gone! You might want to try that with your rear left rattle.

Reactions: Snood

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Post-dealer-visit update:

• The a replacement for the scratched wheel rim is being ordered.
  • Jack, insert and wrench are now in my possession.
  • The incorrect floor mat is already exchanged
It keeps life so simple 1: living close to the dealer 2: living in Gothenburg where any parts can be had the next day, sometimes even the same day. I suspect the replacement rim may not be a next day turnaround though. I didn't ask.

You might want to try that with your rear left rattle.
Thanks for the tip, i'll look into it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Try OPD LOW ... it's a bit more aggressive than ICE "engine braking" but not enough you can't get a feel for OPD. I hardly use STANDARD now unless I'm city driving a lot - yes you can get used to it, but when LOW does a similar job 99% without me having to get that right foot perfect it's more "old fashioned" style of natural driving, and I end up using the brake peddle vary rarely.

Glade you are enjoying the car!
I set mine to OPD Low and its never come off, its like driving an automatic, but with more engine braking. As I'm used to looking ahead and easing off the accelerators for years, I find it smoother and more natural for my driving style.

It still uses regen 95% of the time and is more relaxing more me and my passengers

·
Registered
Polestar 2 stickerless Moon on 19s, non PP, tow bar
47 Posts
I have been driving on OPD Standard since I took delivery. Getting used to it took less than a day. We are all more accustomed to taking the right foot off the accelerator quickly to switch to the brake, so initially it feels jerky, but it only takes it a short time to get used to the gentle release of pressure needed to control the deceleration. It is well worth persevering as its the smoothest most relaxed way of driving I have come across ( when not using ACC of course)

·
Registered
2021 2
1,331 Posts
I have been driving on OPD Standard since I took delivery. Getting used to it took less than a day. We are all more accustomed to taking the right foot off the accelerator quickly to switch to the brake, so initially it feels jerky, but it only takes it a short time to get used to the gentle release of pressure needed to control the deceleration. It is well worth persevering as its the smoothest most relaxed way of driving I have come across ( when not using ACC of course)
OPD Standard is the Way

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes congrats @Snood . The odd snag so welcome to the club there! Great colour choice if I may add 😎😜. Hope you get the small snags sorted quickly but it does seem as though you are more than happy with your choice.
The snags I've had have been very minor compared to some of the issues that others have had so far, trivial even.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well that went quicker than expected! I got a call today that the replacement rim is at the dealer. I have already been and had the tyre swapped onto the new rim.

I now have no outstanding issues! Wooooo!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Well that went quicker than expected! I got a call today that the replacement rim is at the dealer. I have already been and had the tyre swapped onto the new rim.

I now have no outstanding issues! Wooooo!
Ok don't f******g gloat .... you'll make the rest of us jelous!

Plus when I posted my 500mi trip was flawless karma kicked me the arse and I lose my 4G .... so shhhhhhh big brother is watching!

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is a bit odd actually - mine arrived yesterday and you can only imagine my shock when there was no Jack included!!! So I jumped in the P* app and had a CS chat, and they said no problem we'll sort that for you. They tried to fob us off with it being delivered to the local Volvo dealer and us having to go and collect it, Mrs S jumped in and said no no no, you missed it, it was part of the package, you post it to us - here is our address. They said, well we don't generally do that but we understand your position, let us speak to the dealer - call from the dealer this morning "Hello, Mr Smith we have your Jack, and we are in the area on Monday can we drop it off", erm yes please. Done. No dramas, all very calm. It seems odd that they are able to get these damned Jacks so quickly to the customer but they didn't take a tiny bit of time to pop them in the cars before delivery. Our delivery driver did say he has delivered 000s of them now... So there are a lot of Jacks being moved about the country!!!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
It is a bit odd actually - mine arrived yesterday and you can only imagine my shock when there was no Jack included!!! So I jumped in the P* app and had a CS chat, and they said no problem we'll sort that for you. They tried to fob us off with it being delivered to the local Volvo dealer and us having to go and collect it, Mrs S jumped in and said no no no, you missed it, it was part of the package, you post it to us - here is our address. They said, well we don't generally do that but we understand your position, let us speak to the dealer - call from the dealer this morning "Hello, Mr Smith we have your Jack, and we are in the area on Monday can we drop it off", erm yes please. Done. No dramas, all very calm. It seems odd that they are able to get these damned Jacks so quickly to the customer but they didn't take a tiny bit of time to pop them in the cars before delivery. Our delivery driver did say he has delivered 000s of them now... So there are a lot of Jacks being moved about the country!!!
So this is called the age old business rule of "most people won't give a shit".

Basically they are suppling all cars without them in the EU (or at least UK) ... they dare not in the US as someone will just sue them for $1,000,000 ... then when 5% ask for them they will ship them out. When the 95% of people don't bother or know ... then they save that much money.

·
Registered
214 Posts
So this is called the age old business rule of "most people won't give a shit".

Basically they are suppling all cars without them in the EU (or at least UK) ... they dare not in the US as someone will just sue them for $1,000,000 ... then when 5% ask for them they will ship them out. When the 95% of people don't bother or know ... then they save that much money.
It is an interesting perspective, but probably right - there was at least one person on here who said they weren't going to bother, so that indicates they are out there.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts