Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tomorrow's delivery of car cancelled due to "software issue" with car. Has anyone else experienced this? Am told I'll get an status update tomorrow. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
Tomorrow's delivery of car cancelled due to "software issue" with car. Has anyone else experienced this? Am told I'll get an update tomorrow. Should I be concerned?
You’d have to be a robot (made by Polestar) not to be concerned. It must be annoying as hell. Keep pressure on them for a delivery date to your liking.
good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well having read more of this forum I'm inclined to just cancel my order. I've just had a month of a nightmare with Tesla following a new Model 3 purchase that was full of issues and horrific customer service and I ultimately returned the car. I just want a working electric car not a nightmare, life is hard enough with Coronavirus. I had no idea Polestar were as bad as Tesla. Should I just bail now?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well having read more of this forum I'm inclined to just cancel my order. I've just had a month of a nightmare with Tesla following a new Model 3 purchase that was full of issues and horrific customer service and I ultimately returned the car. I just want a working electric car not a nightmare, life is hard enough with Coronavirus. I had no idea Polestar were as bad as Tesla. Should I just bail now?
Beautiful car. Not had any problems, and mine was an early one as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't have the science to back this up but I think it is a small minority of people who have had issues, and naturally there is a lot of posts biased to problems and updates on problems. The majority of people who have had fault free cars or very minor issues obviously don't post much to that effect.

·
Registered
581 Posts
So I've checked and my VIN is 41xx - is this one of the < 5000 "early" ones that might have issues as mentioned here: Our Polestar 2 journey – A path to rejection?
I have a 47xx delivered 9 September. The update system is unlocked again and my updates were applied yesterday, so you should not be waiting long. If you are buying and not leasing I would definitely hang in there - you still have the 14 day 1000km window to reject, don't burn your bridges for the sake of a day or 5!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tomorrow's delivery of car cancelled due to "software issue" with car. Has anyone else experienced this? Am told I'll get an status update tomorrow. Should I be concerned?
Same here. Mine is ready for pickup, was scheduled tomorrow and they called me late today to say delivery was put on hold...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s slightly reassuring if it means it’s not an issue with just my car - which I was led to believe. They described it as a software fault with my car that needed investigation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive just cancelled my order today, going to hold off for a few months and see if they get all these issues sorted. I had to reject 2 of my last 3 cars which were all brand new models due to major ongoing issues and do not want a repeat again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s slightly reassuring if it means it’s not an issue with just my car - which I was led to believe. They described it as a software fault with my car that needed investigation.
Indeed, the Polestar representative I spoke to (nice guy to whom I've chatted already few times) told me they received a last minute mail from Polestar HQ to all Polestar Spaces to stop deliveries. No clear reason was communicated. One can assume it is an update to be rolled out prior to delivery. But from what I understood it is a European wide halt to deliveries.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
From what we can tell; There was a 12v drain somewhere and an issue that shut the power off while driving (you should still brake, etc.. just not accelerate).
Both these were fixed with a software patch.

However there seems to be an unintended bug with this patch so Polestar have a fix out now (or due in the next day) to resolve. We don't know what this bug does, but we do know that cars are being held this week for the patch to be applied before being released out.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think it’s probably good that they’re pausing so sort this out. My car seems to have been ok so far but looking forward to getting a software update in the next few months once they’ve improved things a bit!

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with you. And as I complained cooley, professionally, but vehemently to different levels of Polestar (sales, delivery, management) about the delayed delivery they've given me one of their test-cars till I get mine (two weeks already). So in effect I'm already driving Polestar 2, and I would very much recommend it! The test car I currently have is an ugly color, so would still be great to get mine ;-)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha I quite like it 😀 so your original delivery was two weeks ago and then pushed to tomorrow, now cancelled again?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts