Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this would be interesting to share with the international community. Car Advice (Drive.com.au now) do a quirky look in Australia each year on which cars have the best $ per KW. Usually this list doesn't feature too many, what you'd normally consider proper performance cars, as they tend to be in the high-end of price range which normally rules them out, however, it was cool to see the Polestar 2 LRDM + Performance software upgrade slip into the top 10:

Cheap speed: The new cars with the most power per dollar – 2022 edition - Drive

I think it's a pretty interesting take on the value proposition and how well the P2 punches for its weight.

· Registered
1,791 Posts
I have a mental block in figuring this list out, I know the title says most power per dollar but there are some serious sluggish cars in that top 10. Damn last time I was there I had that Toyota Kluger thing, never again what a lump of old school sluggishness with a lazy crappy biggish engine. Reminds me of those American v8s that are all noise and no power...And likewise with the Hyundai's and Camry etc, boring slow. Even Fred Flinstone would be faster...I get what they are saying, but I still don't get it...

· Registered
3,141 Posts
I have a mental block in figuring this list out, I know the title says most power per dollar but there are some serious sluggish cars in that top 10. Damn last time I was there I had that Toyota Kluger thing, never again what a lump of old school sluggishness with a lazy crappy biggish engine. Reminds me of those American v8s that are all noise and no power...And likewise with the Hyundai's and Camry etc, boring slow. Even Fred Flinstone would be faster...I get what they are saying, but I still don't get it...
Now you done it. For your safety don’t fly to the USA as your profile pic will be posted with wanted dead posters on every lamp post for slagging off the American V8s.

· Registered
1,791 Posts
The modern American V8s are pretty good, but the ones from yesteryear put out embarrassing low power for their size.
Oh yes, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't say not to something like a Hellcat...Although even then for the size of the thing the power output is a bit meh 🤷‍♂️ and come drivability it doesn't get much better. But it sounds nice :)

· Registered
'22 P*2 dual motor, midnight, charcoal, performance pilot plus
263 Posts
Dollars per kilowatt is interesting, but I always thought it more meaningful to include the weight of the car as well. Sorry for the American units, but horsepower per dollar-pound is how I always think of it. Unfortunately this won't favor EVs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts