Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone just posted to reddit that looks like deliveries are ramping up in Norway, with ~250 already logged in the first few weeks of August:

In addition, there are now reports from Germans receiving their P*2 on polestar.fans , and it seems like deliveries are meant to really ramp up there now.

Not sure what's happening in the UK - but am guessing if they're ramping up Norway and Germany deliveries, the delays some are reporting there must be related to something more UK specific like a regulation or dealers or something?

For the US, I've been reassured by customer service that my delivery window of mid-Sept to early-Oct is still accurate. Let's see what the next few weeks reveal....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Someone just posted to reddit that looks like deliveries are ramping up in Norway, with ~250 already logged in the first few weeks of August:

In addition, there are now reports from Germans receiving their P*2 on polestar.fans , and it seems like deliveries are meant to really ramp up there now.

Not sure what's happening in the UK - but am guessing if they're ramping up Norway and Germany deliveries, the delays some are reporting there must be related to something more UK specific like a regulation or dealers or something?

For the US, I've been reassured by customer service that my delivery window of mid-Sept to early-Oct is still accurate. Let's see what the next few weeks reveal....
I spoke with Polestar today and they told me the same thing (in America - late Sept/first week in Oct to be exact).

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I'm waiting for someone to get the first US VIN.
So I talked to Mike today. Unfortunately, when I changed my color choice, I dropped back in the queue. The first boat is on it's way, the second boat should leave in ten days or so meaning that my delivery has slipped to mid-October to early November.

I asked about VIN numbers and he said he expects those to be assigned in the next couple of days. We'll see.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone find out the name of the boat on it's way to the east coast?
unknown. But the electrek review says the first boat arrived in Long Beach, CA today!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
The car is out of production, and on a boat, and is matched to your order! (I think!).
Now you need to find out the vessel name and you can play the ship tracking game!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
German deliveries started

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really? If Canada and US are on the same boat, I better get my home charger installed!
I'm planning to get the 48amp version of the Juice box but delivery is only available to domestic US addresses. Im going to get mine redirected from a Depot closer to the border. With my current 30 amp Bosch it will take over 5 hours to change full from 50%. The extra 18 amps gets that down to 3.3 hours.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Charging at 30amps and should never been a problem. It all has to do with mindset. The only time I might run into a problem (and it's never happened) is if I return home at less than half full and have to run out for another long trip less than 5 hours later (as opposed to going to sleep :)). And in that unlikely event, when I leave again I go to the local fast charger (think gas station) and fill up before I get going.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah — just a 30 A charger here (in a multi-unit condo garage w/load balancing, so we'll see how that goes), but back when commuting was a thing I typically drove maybe 50 miles/day and also have charging infrastructure at work. Wanted a car that will be more than adequate if I need to skip a day or two of charging or go on the occasional road trip, and P*2 fits the bill nicely. Planning to set the car to charge during (11) off-peak hours + weekends and shouldn't have to pay very much at all for fuel. 🔌 ⚡

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm planning to get the 48amp version of the Juice box but delivery is only available to domestic US addresses.
Is your charger located inside or outside ?
I doubt a charger designed in California will have a cable flexible in cold climate.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts