Polestar Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I doubt a charger designed in California will have a cable flexible in cold climate.
I've installed a ChargePoint Flex. One thing that influenced me were the reviews that said the cables from other chargers were too stiff in cold weather. Where I live it's not as cold as it is in the upper midwest in the winter, but we can go a long stretch with temps below zero centigrade, so this matters.

Reactions: boradmc1

·
Registered
153 Posts
Literally just woke up here in California, so I haven’t gone through all the steps yet, but my order status as of this morning has officially moved to ”Planning Delivery” and I now have options to complete financing paperwork, and trade-in details. Great to see.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Literally just woke up here in California, so I haven’t gone through all the steps yet, but my order status as of this morning has officially moved to ”Planning Delivery” and I now have options to complete financing paperwork, and trade-in details. Great to see.
Just checked and looks same for me!

Although the confirmation page still needs to iron out some details :rolleyes: :

·
Registered
153 Posts
@polerad Mine said June also. Just for transparency on the process, I confirmed my financing details and submitted trade information and photos, which was pretty simple. Apparently I am now waiting for Polestar (Marin) to value the trade and can’t go further until this is done. Next step looks like the financing application. I still haven’t seen any indication of test drives happening at the SF pop-up, which I’d really love before locking things down completely.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I see the anticipated delivery date for new orders on the configurator has gone from November to December...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I joined the Yo-Yo club!!

First Dec, then Nov, then Oct, and today back to Nov!!! And I just sold my car! Sept/Oct going to be fun without a car!

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
@polerad Mine said June also. Just for transparency on the process, I confirmed my financing details and submitted trade information and photos, which was pretty simple. Apparently I am now waiting for Polestar (Marin) to value the trade and can’t go further until this is done. Next step looks like the financing application. I still haven’t seen any indication of test drives happening at the SF pop-up, which I’d really love before locking things down completely.
Went to SF this AM and we were near-ish Union Sq so stopped by the PopUp (was actually mrs. polerad's idea!).

Main added info is test drives are apparently starting Sept 19.
Which is <2 weeks away (yeah!) but also leaves little window to be able to test things before finalizing details and taking delivery (boo!)... unless this indicates a delay well into October (double boo!).

Certainly no walk-in test drives a la Santa Monica. Apparently the plan is that X cars are being prepped to send up from LA for our test drives. So presumably (my speculation) it's the Long Beach port that's taking the imports from China and then prepping them for distribution throughout the Left Coast and immediate neighbors. I'm guessing we'll get our cars in the Bay Area a few days or a week after our SoCal neighbors get theirs - @baldyloxx let us know!

I asked a bunch more questions while the fam worked the P*1 and P*2 over. But they frankly didn't know much more - and I don't think they were being coy, I think the PopUp staff are as much in the dark about things as the rest of us.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Went to SF this AM and we were near-ish Union Sq so stopped by the PopUp (was actually mrs. polerad's idea!).

Main added info is test drives are apparently starting Sept 19.
Which is <2 weeks away (yeah!) but also leaves little window to be able to test things before finalizing details and taking delivery (boo!)... unless this indicates a delay well into October (double boo!).

Certainly no walk-in test drives a la Santa Monica. Apparently the plan is that X cars are being prepped to send up from LA for our test drives. So presumably (my speculation) it's the Long Beach port that's taking the imports from China and then prepping them for distribution throughout the Left Coast and immediate neighbors. I'm guessing we'll get our cars in the Bay Area a few days or a week after our SoCal neighbors get theirs - @baldyloxx let us know!

I asked a bunch more questions while the fam worked the P*1 and P*2 over. But they frankly didn't know much more - and I don't think they were being coy, I think the PopUp staff are as much in the dark about things as the rest of us.
Is it safe to assume the West coast will be getting delivery before us on the east coast. No change on my order status.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
It's pretty standard practice that you get to test drive Your car before you finalize the paperwork. You can still back out if anything is wrong.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's pretty standard practice that you get to test drive Your car before you finalize the paperwork. You can still back out if anything is wrong.
I believe we can refuse the car up until the time of delivery. Just feels a bit too much to be talking about financing arrangements and credit checks even before we have a test drive date though. And it isn’t clear at all what trying to arrange things around a test drive would do for our delivery date. Although, I guess this way we might be able to test drive our car itself instead of a stand-in!

·
Registered
153 Posts
For sure. Would be fine with a quick spin in the actual article if that’s what it comes to.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe we can refuse the car up until the time of delivery. Just feels a bit too much to be talking about financing arrangements and credit checks even before we have a test drive date though. And it isn’t clear at all what trying to arrange things around a test drive would do for our delivery date. Although, I guess this way we might be able to test drive our car itself instead of a stand-in!
Have you checked the PS website and/or your contract? In the UK at least we have 14 days after delivery with a 1000km/620mile limit to return the car if dissatisfied in any way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Really? If Canada and US are on the same boat, I better get my home charger installed!
Having the charger waiting for the vehicle is a good idea. What charger so you have? While we waited for our Kia Soul EV we made sure to get the Bosch we ordered on the wall before using the car to commute. Based on Bjorn's advice I plan to use AC charging as much as possible and use fast DC only when needed to keep battery life healthy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Having the charger waiting for the vehicle is a good idea. What charger so you have? Based on Bjorn's advice I plan to use AC charging as much as possible and use fast DC only when needed to keep battery life healthy.
Flo charger is on my house facade since mid-october. I now feel a bit naive thinking I had to rush to get the charger installed before getting the car delivered...

Yes, Bjorn warns people about battery degradation caused by DC charging.
And is always raving about Tesla's DC charging speed, and the indispensability of the Supercharger network.
A bit contradictory.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I don't remember now the source, but I read a research paper that concluded that DC fast charging wasn't a significant source of battery degradation... That depth of discharge and temperature were the two main baddies.

Reactions: GDank
21 - 39 of 39 Posts