Polestar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@stevelup has mentioned on other threads that using a standard EU to 3-Pin adaptor is not a good idea due to many of these are not designed for a constant load.

On SpeakEV a couple of people posted these solutions up so I thought I'd copy here.

I was planning on a trip to Portugal again once it was safe again ... but probably 2022 now ... but I think if people might be going France in the summer, these might be a good idea.

Reactions: SA69-ev

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
They look better, but you're still defeating the temperature sensor in the plug - so I'd still advise caution.

You won't know if the socket you're plugged into is overheating.

·
Registered
293 Posts
@stevelup has mentioned on other threads that using a standard EU to 3-Pin adaptor is not a good idea due to many of these are not designed for a constant load.

On SpeakEV a couple of people posted these solutions up so I thought I'd copy here.

I was planning on a trip to Portugal again once it was safe again ... but probably 2022 now ... but I think if people might be going France in the summer, these might be a good idea.
Good idea. As someone who travels in a camper van, I have two similar adapters, UK three-pin plug and European plug to one of the Industrial 16 amp sockets which the camper cable plugs into. Thankfully most campsites use the 16 amp sockets (though they don't normally allow 16 amps). So if I went camping in the Polestar, I would need a 16amp plug to 3pin UK socket for the vast majority of campsites, and a European to UK for the very limited number. Or (@stevelup don't read this) I could use the 16amp plug to 3pin UK socket, and borrow the European plug to 16amp socket from the camper and plug them together.

·
Registered
Void Polestar 2 2020
70 Posts
The best/elegant solution IMHO is a Tesla UMC charger. They can be picked up for £200 on eBay and you can get the 16A commando (campsite) and EU adapters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts