Polestar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant get my trip computer up on display when I press the end button on the light stalk. Should I be doing something else?
Can someone also explain the 4g and WIFI connectivity please?
Is there a sim card supplied with the car to obtain wifi and Polestar Connect or do we just get 4g for that?
My handover driver did not really explain any of this.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I cant get my trip computer up on display when I press the end button on the light stalk. Should I be doing something else?
You press the O on the right side of the wheel.

To hide you press the >| button then the O again for confirmation.

Can someone also explain the 4g and WIFI connectivity please?
Is there a sim card supplied with the car to obtain wifi and Polestar Connect or do we just get 4g for that?
4G is supplied by Polestar - There is no SIM card ... it's an electronic sim. Everything related to the Car uses this 4G/Mobile connectivity.

With WiFi you can connect the car to your house WiFi so it uses that at night do update/talk to the APP coming soon.

If you are referring to setting a Wi-Fi Hot Spot in the car so other people can connect to it while on the go, then you need to buy your own SIM and Data Plan - However not this feature is NOT live at present. It is meant to be a feature, but people that have inserted a SIM have not found anyway to set up an Hot Spot in the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You press the O on the right side of the wheel.
View attachment 2413

To hide you press the >| button then the O again for confirmation.

4G is supplied by Polestar - There is no SIM card ... it's an electronic sim. Everything related to the Car uses this 4G/Mobile connectivity.

With WiFi you can connect the car to your house WiFi so it uses that at night do update/talk to the APP coming soon.

If you are referring to setting a Wi-Fi Hot Spot in the car so other people can connect to it while on the go, then you need to buy your own SIM and Data Plan - However not this feature is NOT live at present. It is meant to be a feature, but people that have inserted a SIM have not found anyway to set up an Hot Spot in the car.
Thanks GDank, that helps a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts