Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Really weird. I had a pretty big pizza box in the trunk. It was 18 inch pizza. I put the divider up so it wouldn't move while driving. It was pretty snug fit. When I tried to open trunk to get pizza out it wouldn't raise at all. I tried few times but it wouldn't budge. I had to manually push it up. Are there any sensors inside the trunk that would stop it from opening? Did anyone else experience anything similar?

It worked fine after I removed the box.

This happened while outside no obstacles nearby.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I have no idea and expect this is a one off. I’ve transported all manner of pizza, burritos, curries, and raw produce in the trunk, with and without the divider up, and haven’t seen that.

But now I want pizza

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
The case of the mystery pizza 😆

I'm guessing that it got wedged between the door and the divider. If that created any tension on the door, then the auto-open feature will fail thinking that there is an obstruction. This is really a safety feature -- to protect your pizza 😆

·
Registered
47 Posts
I believe that is the Polestar proprietary (PPP) security feature.
Pizza Pilfering Protection. It comes standard on the Launch Edition.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
You might need to add a Vegetarian pizza to the experiment considering how "vegan friendly" the car and company are...
That’s probably it. The car was throwing a hissy fit over having to haul a large meat lover’s supreme

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The case of the mystery pizza 😆

I'm guessing that it got wedged between the door and the divider. If that created any tension on the door, then the auto-open feature will fail thinking that there is an obstruction. This is really a safety feature -- to protect your pizza 😆
It fit pretty snug between divider and the back of the car itself. It wasn't touching the door. This is what I was thinking myself, that since it was pressing against the back it was triggering something. I'll try it next time to see if it happens again. I guess my dream of being pizza delivery driver shattered lol.

FYI for scientific accuracy this was half meat lovers half supreme.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hmm.... I'm sure you'd get the same reaction from your Vegan Sister-in-Law.... "relax, it's only got meat on half."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you have pineapple on the pizza?

If so, the car is protecting you against committing a crime against humanity.
I accept many don’t like pineapple on pizza, and can support the admonition of such a label to call it pizza if it contains pineapple.

However, I find it a good change from time to time to order an open-faced pineapple and ham sandwich, on custom baked flat bread, with a tomato-herb aioli of sorts. No food ever feels complete without cheese, so include that. Finally, they tend to make these open-faced sandwiches pretty big so I recommend cutting into portions to make it manageable.

As for the OP’s issue. I haven’t seen that issue on the P*2, but my Volvo XC90 had a similar issue where I wedged something against the rear hatch while it was closed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I accept many don’t like pineapple on pizza, and can support the admonition of such a label to call it pizza if it contains pineapple.
I don’t line pineapple on my Pizza, but after seeing the vegan alternatives that are being introduced for the minority of people that are Vegan, (by day and munching bacon rolls when they think no one is looking) I’d happily have pineapple. Latest one is butternut squash base at pap johns 😡

·
Registered
849 Posts
Banana on a pizza is great. Pineapple on a pizza is also great.
No, No No!

The most commonly available chicken pizza in Swedish pizzerias has chicken, banana, peanuts and a sprinkling of curry powder on it.. 🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

There's also pizzas with kabab meat, iceberg salad and fries on top....

Swedish pizza is a disgrace.

• Haha
Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
182 Posts
No, No No!

The most commonly available chicken pizza in Swedish pizzerias has chicken, banana, peanuts and a sprinkling of curry powder on it.. 🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

There's also pizzas with kabab meat, iceberg salad and fries on top....

Swedish pizza is a disgrace.
If it's common, I'm not alone!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts