Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Interesting article here focussing on 1950s LA drive-through nostalgia. A Drive through Classic Americana in a Polestar 2. It did get me thinking , though, about how to turn off the lights and remain parked. In my last Lexus, this was done by setting 'auxiliary' mode' through the power button. Is this dealt with in the manual?
I don't understand, what lights do you want to turn off? and when? Why would any lights be on when you're parked?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I don't understand, what lights do you want to turn off? and when? Why would any lights be on when you're parked?
Okay, I actually looked at the article now. Just turn the stalk to the 0 position, should turn them off... does in a Volvo anyway

edit: I should probably think before opening my mouth. The polestar manual does say it runs the DRLs in position 0. It looks like it can't be done then. it may be possible to change it so that the DRLs don't run in position 0 by using VIDA, that's something to ask a Volvo technician about.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
You can turn the car off properly by pressing and holding the "Play" button in front of the gear lever, and then put Parking Mode on for the heating? Lots of people were doing something like that while watching the drive-in film at the Fully Charged Outdoor Cinema recent.

·
Registered
764 Posts
DRL is mandatory in position 0 on all EU cars.
It's not possible to change with VIDA, you have use a device (StyleLight, we developed it) that handles it.
Right, of course it is... more brain-fart. I looked up Race Display, looks like you're in Kungälv, I'm not far away on Hisingen!

Reactions: Honken

·
Registered
349 Posts
Interesting article here focussing on 1950s LA drive-through nostalgia. A Drive through Classic Americana in a Polestar 2. It did get me thinking , though, about how to turn off the lights and remain parked. In my last Lexus, this was done by setting 'auxiliary' mode' through the power button. Is this dealt with in the manual?
I've got an XC60 on loan at the moment and if the sidelights are selected then the Thors hammer lights stay on irrespective of whether the car is locked or not. Set them to auto and they turn off normally.

I guess its an update to the old option of turning the indicator on to have the outside light illuminated for those roads where you have to be lit up at all times when parked...

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
I dont think you can turn them off completely. When i went to the Fully Charged Drive Through Movie the Polestar peeps had special cloths to cover the front row cars lights.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I dont think you can turn them off completely. When i went to the Fully Charged Drive Through Movie the Polestar peeps had special cloths to cover the front row cars lights.
cool that they thought of that in advance!!

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
This was a really helpful thread. Thanks! I'm currently sitting in my PS2 for the next hour and a half waiting outside the local hockey pitch for my son. The position/DLR light is on even though the car is parked (stalk set to O). Holding down play / pause and turning off turned all the lights off. Only issue, of course, is now I can listen to music or heat the interior (it's -2C outside).

So, what's the UK/EU law about lights when parked with engine off at night? The DLR/position lights have to be on? In which case, doing what I'm doing now in this car parked with all lights off and sitting in the car is bad? Someone, please enlighten me?

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Hockey?! Did you say hockey?

Hmmm.... "hockey ground." 'Probably not what I was thinking of.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
As far as I remember it, if you're on the road and facing the direction of travel, you need have no lights on and must only have at most side lights on (no headlights). DRLs are ok. If you're facing against the direction of travel, and you're not lit (e.g. under a street light) then you should have side lights on (DRLs are probably ok here too) but definitely not headlights. If you're on private land, do what you like :) You can have the car powered up too but not in a combustion-engined car due to pollution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts