Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice! One of the big takeaways for me was the little extra light on the side of the car at the back - hasn’t seen that before!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hmmmm if I wasn't into cars I wouldn't be excited about a the car.
I'm sure there are a % of people that care more about how easy a car is than what it looks/drive like and will like this advert... I'm just not sure what that % is?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amusing the first time you watch it, and different, but...hmmm.
Presumably more to follow.
Not sure- it's dated May. I just presumed I'd missed it as I don't watch much tv. The one shown on ITV (a UK channel) was edited down. This is the full version.
If it's mom's new car why isn't she out driving it?! And is the babysitter insured??
I'm disappointed as the ad used the colour I've ordered.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I showed my wife and she really liked it.... So goes to show it does resonate with non-car enthusiasts.

I asked her why she liked it so much and her response was looks cool and easy to use. She was on the test drive with me so knew most of what it could do before seeing the advert.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
My wife also really liked it. She found it "cute." It makes the car look practical and easy to use, she thought.

Fair enough.

·
Registered
121 Posts
sorry, but have to say I am not loving the ad....the car for people with spoiled little kids? More like an ad for android automotive that tells me nothing about the car other than it is "100% electric".

·
Registered
738 Posts
1. That girls is a little brat

2. With zero other cars in the road the mum doesn't notice the only other car is her brand new Polestar, nor the driver is her baby sitter and passenger her daughter.

3. Very convenient that the Limo driver doesn't use sat nav or know the fastest route. Plus they conveniently went into the right turn only which is the shorts route home - apparently.

4. What shoes store is open at 10pm?

Any more anyone wants to add? 😂

·
Premium Member
716 Posts

2. With zero other cars in the road the mum doesn't notice the only other car is her brand new Polestar, nor the driver is her baby sitter and passenger her daughter.

3. Very convenient that the Limo driver doesn't use sat nav or know the fastest route. Plus they conveniently went into the right turn only which is the shorts route home - apparently.

Can we not suspend such cynicism for a moment to respect the artist's vision here? There's a story to tell here, dammit!

(And how did the babysitter have the ability to drive the car in the first place. Did mom just leave the fob to the new car on the kitchen counter?)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Can we not suspend such cynicism for a moment to respect the artist's vision here? There's a story to tell here, dammit!

(And how did the babysitter have the ability to drive the car in the first place. Did mom just leave the fob to the new car on the kitchen counter?)
Sorry 😕

Obviously you leave your $60,000 car keys at home next to the car with a big red sign saying "do not take"
Obviously in reference to the Garden of Eden and that big apple tree dead centre.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not sure if they needs adverts . . .
the initial response to the Polestar 2 has been so good that the carmaker’s national sales teams in Germany, the Netherlands and Norway have nearly sold out their allotments for this year.”We expect the supply to not be sufficient for the demand,” said Polestar Germany exec Alexander Lutz during a separate video call.
Carscoops article today

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, that seems like a misfire of an ad from a company that has generally done better with brand expression. Hard to imagine it resonating with their target buyer.

OTOH, LOVE the manifesto they posted to YouTube earlier:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I do start to worry a little when the hype takes over too much, there is a balance between selling the lifestyle and the product itself. By targeting specific customer types their can alienate others. For example I get the feeling that a lot of Polestar buyers will be older than that initial ad seemingly aimed at - a high disposable income 20 or 30 something tech-savvy market.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, that seems like a misfire of an ad from a company that has generally done better with brand expression. Hard to imagine it resonating with their target buyer.

OTOH, LOVE the manifesto they posted to YouTube earlier:
If I'm anything to go by, their taget buyer is a dick that doesn't like paying taxes & drives a bit too quickly.
It's an expensive car. To most of the population anyone that buys it is a dick too! -at least that's how many people in the UK think.
Hard to make an ad for us that doesn't make Polestar look bad. So they went for the "kid doesn't get impressed by much but loves this car" angle. At least it has a speck of originality.
And don't forget the seats are vegan!!!
(I have too much time on my hands waiting for this car!)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts