1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and 'twas dark all around, except...

a lone Polestar lit up the night!

The car hasn't been used in a few days, and was completely locked with our keys all in pouches inside. Touching the door to open it and trying the handle made no difference (thankfully).

The internal mood lighting was on as well.

I suspect it's topping up its 12V battery. The Kona Electric does something similar - it turns on a small LED in the Hyunda symbol and also turns on the display, but with nothing showing apart from the mileage, which is somewhat eerie!

Looked enormously cool in any case :cool:

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Was it plugged in? I've seen this when it's charging.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, not plugged in. This is why I think the 12V is powered up, which is what it would do to top up the 12V battery from the main battery.

I think it's just sitting there having a quiet chat with the Zoe, I think :).

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had the same thing late on a few nights ago - and thought it was because the doors had (been left) unlocked! I ran downstairs and pressed lock on the key before checking anything outside (it was FREEZING!). Light went off. I am usually VERY careful to ensure the car was locked and unfortunately I could not see the mirrors properly to tell whether they were turned in. Like you @rghledhill the car had not been used or plugged in for a couple of days. So perhaps I was not seeing a magically self unlocking car after all??

Reactions: rgledhill
1 - 5 of 5 Posts