Polestar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rolec charger installed at work, if I use the type 2 to type 2 cable provided by Polestar it does not work, however if I use my friends cable from his BMW330e it charges fine, has anyone else had any similar problems? or solutions even?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It should work but you'll only get 3.6kW ... why it's not working at all is because the Rolec needs to have a software update.

As others mentioned to get the max 7kW You'll need a 32A Cable, either Single phase or Three Phase.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It should work but you'll only get 3.6kW ... why it's not working at all is because the Rolec needs to have a software update.

As others mentioned to get the max 7kW You'll need a 32A Cable, either Single phase or Three Phase.
How do I get software update for Rolec?

·
Registered
590 Posts
If it was delivering 32A to another vehicle you should get the same from the Rolec. For example we have got 32A (notional) from a Podpoint into both a Tesla 3 and an Ioniq. Both are type 2 like the P2, We also have a Rolec type 1 for our Ampera, which although 32A only delivers what the Ampy can draw.
Some home chargers only rate at 16A (ish)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Understood. Rolec has been 'hanging loose' unused to date, as the Polestar will be my first BEV when delivered on 3rd December, so no 'previous' to refer to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts