Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to all this, I’m expecting my Polestar 2 (Moon) in January cant wait,
however a proper the type 2 plug when charging my Outlander, i did send it off the ev connect, but they told me the plug needed replacing but they could not do it, I have looked online but can’t believe the cost of the plug over £60, at that price I may as well buy a new cable, but not very Ecco friendl, does anyone know were I could get a reasonable type 2 male plug from.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hang on ... what's the problem? Sorry the above is hard to understand.

Do you have a untethered or tethered EV charger?

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
These are big, heavy duty plugs. I'm not surprised at the price. 'Seems reasonable to me.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hang on ... what's the problem? Sorry the above is hard to understand.

Do you have a untethered or tethered EV charger?
Untethered I dropped car end as I was putting it in car, thank you ,

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Well a new cable costs £130-£150, so each plug costing £60 is reasonable, as it's probably the most expensive part.

If you don't drive a lot and don't therefore need 7kW charging, you could use the cable supplied with the Polestar 2. That would deliver 3.6kW on a 7kW charger.

Not ideal, but at least free!

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well a new cable costs £130-£150, so each plug costing £60 is reasonable, as it's probably the most expensive part.

If you don't drive a lot and don't therefore need 7kW charging, you could use the cable supplied with the Polestar 2. That would deliver 3.6kW on a 7kW charger.

Not ideal, but at least free!
Thank you that’s a thought

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
They're not DIYable - the terminals are crimped with a heavy duty crimp tool. You either need to send the cable off to be repaired - there are a few places who can do it - or just buy a new one.

If you want it fixing, you could try EvBitz Cable Repair Service (<<< that's a clickable link) which would cost £90... Whilst arguably being better for the environment, I don't think it's worth it from a financial point of view.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're not DIYable - the terminals are crimped with a heavy duty crimp tool. You either need to send the cable off to be repaired - there are a few places who can do it - or just buy a new one.

If you want it fixing, you could try EvBitz Cable Repair Service (<<< that's a clickable link) which would cost £90... Whilst arguably being better for the environment, I don't think it's worth it from a financial point of view.
Ok thanks I have to agree, the cost of repair is just not worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts