Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started to shop around and found numerous dead ends on websites as the Polestar brand isn't listed.

After a long time on hold, I finally talked to a chatty, enthusiastic representative from MAPFRE insurance who was surprisingly excited about the new car. She'd never heard of it. But things popped up with the VIN and it was in their system.

Fun things: she said she couldn't wait to tell the others she was the first to enroll this car, she couldn't wait to Google it, she paused a while when I said it didn't have any cylinders, and she was stunned at the low rate. (Maybe all the safety features are accounted for.)

Bottom line, for me, adding to an existing policy with two other cars, a home, and an umbrella, the Polestar will add just under $700 annually.

·
Registered
297 Posts
After a long time on hold, I finally talked to a chatty, enthusiastic representative from MAPFRE insurance who was surprisingly excited about the new car. She'd never heard of it. But things popped up with the VIN and it was in their system.
FWIW, MAPFRE was a major sponsor in the Volvo Ocean Race. So there's that.

Also, as other's have pointed out, the Polestar 2 shows up on the USAA insurance site.

·
Registered
134 Posts
wow, I had around 1200 from USAA, this is good to hear! Of course things like deductible, coverage limits, uninsured motorist coverage, and state you are in must matter... but dang, that is good.

·
Super Moderator
701 Posts
£193 (about $250) for me and the wife, fully insured, hire car, business use, 8k miles/year. Couldn't believe how cheap it was!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts