Polestar Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
OK cheers. I wonder why Konnect app is reporting much lower kWh for me. I don't know what's actually delivered to the car of course, with losses etc.

Yeah mine was on a schedule (to charge overnight) but i think the connection dropped and just started delivering power outside of the schedule.

I've been assuming 10% is about 7kW when setting the schedules too (as with the software version on my P2, the car sometimes ignores the % charge limit)

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
OK so my charge last night ended up similar to what you suggested. Although the App said it was delivering 7.1-7.2kW my hourly consumption was less than 6.

The total delivered was 28kW. This adds up to the a rough maths of the above.

I'll need to wait a few days for Octopus to give me my real consumption, so I can compare.

My first big charge was much higher per hour. However this did match my Octopus reading as well.

You can see my base rate is 0.5kw. (although this does fluctuate from 0.2-0.5 depending on the Heating pump kicking in or not.)

So that's 3.7-0.5 = 3.2 x 2 (it's 30min) = 6.4kw

Compare that to my graph above from the A2 and that's about right.

-----

So why does the main screen say 7.1-7.2kW, the AMD the car say 30-31A?

As 240x30=7.2 this is also right.

So I started to think that the main screen just displayed the current kW rate being pulled/delivered. But the final screen is kWh and maybe there is some maths I'm missing.

Logic would say if you deliver a constant 7kw for an hour then after an hour you would have 7kWh.

However I have not watched the main screen for an hour to see if this rate drops down at any point. I.e it fluctuates between 5-7kW so the total per hour is less than 7kWh.

I can only guess this is what is happening, maybe I'll leave my phone on charge, have screen recordings going, and leave the A2 app running, to see if the current rate fluctuates over the charge.

Just want to say while this is odd, it's only info being displayed that's odd. The electricity taken and delivered match up, so I'm not being over charged or anything; and it's worked perfectly every time. Its just I'm curious now and whlant to figure it out 馃槉

Will update when I get last night Octopus data.

Registered
Thanks @GDank. Reassuring its not just me! (someone on SpeakEV also replied they see under-reporting of usage in Konnect).

My base overnight usage is about 0.2kW. Based on this, my smart meter suggests the Andersen is using about 7kW for the duration it's charging, matching what it says on the main screen (with the big circle).

For me, the scheduling and actual charging work fine now I've improved the wifi signal, but Konnect just under reports the power usage by about 20% (in the reports section).

Maybe it's a bigger discrepancy for shorter charges: I've not been doing that many miles so just been topping up 7 to 20 kWh each time I charge (a few times a week).

Is it possible that when you get nearer to 100% on the Polestar there's more loss somewhere and the Konnect somehow knows this!? I find this unlikely and I expect they've just got some sums wrong in the app / their cloud system!

Registered
Thanks @GDank. Reassuring its not just me! (someone on SpeakEV also replied they see under-reporting of usage in Konnect).

My base overnight usage is about 0.2kW. Based on this, my smart meter suggests the Andersen is using about 7kW for the duration it's charging, matching what it says on the main screen (with the big circle).

For me, the scheduling and actual charging work fine now I've improved the wifi signal, but Konnect just under reports the power usage by about 20% (in the reports section).

Maybe it's a bigger discrepancy for shorter charges: I've not been doing that many miles so just been topping up 7 to 20 kWh each time I charge (a few times a week).

Is it possible that when you get nearer to 100% on the Polestar there's more loss somewhere and the Konnect somehow knows this!? I find this unlikely and I expect they've just got some sums wrong in the app / their cloud system!
I understand that there have been issues with power meters measuring usage incorrectly, especially when LED light is in use. When Certified Smart Meters Still Give Wildly Inaccurate Readings

As for charging overnight, I have little idea how much I use. Economy 7 is normally well over 40% of our overnight power usage before the car came along. Yes my partner gets kicked out at 6am to move the washing into the tumble dryer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #45

So I got my energy usage from Octopus. My Average was 7.5kWh. There is no way my background was 1.7kWh, especially at night. 0.2-0.4kWh Max. So I'm defiantly using 7.1-7.2kWh to the charger.

Therefore the App is reporting less usage than what's been actually used.

I know you have contacted them via email, have you tried calling them? If not I might give them a bell.

Registered
Hi @GDank. You're seeing similar to me. Konnect under-reports power usage by upto 20%.

I initially contacted Andersen via webchat, and have exchanged a few emails (including detailed calculations and screenshots from Konnect, Octopus and Bright app!) with someone called Eamon. But feel free to chase them too, it can only help :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
OK large charge last night, 6 hours and still underreporting by 15%.

I've raised a Ticket with Andersen about a week ago. Let's see what happens.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts