Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had my revised tax code for 2020/2021 from HMRC since informing them of the Polestar 2 replacing my VW Golf GTE in October. It has gone down by 380% meaning I will pay much more tax.

It is clearly wrong and I will be challenging it but be warned to check your tax code as HMRC maybe don’t understand what a Polestar 2 is i.e zero BIK.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mine is fine... so it's not a systemic problem. You'll have to call them.

Did you add the details of the car changeover yourself or did your company communicate the change to HMRC?

If the latter, it's likely the error was made by your company (and needs fixing otherwise your P11d will be wrong as well).

·
Registered
303 Posts
530e (hybrid) - that was a 58k car as well... Cheapest BIK I'd ever had before the PS2 - but BMWs pretty consistently have low CO2, and thus low BIK.

Even my previous one (520d) was in the second lowest BIK band. Jags are terrible for CO2.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My company car benefit is showing as £10,472, your right probably an error by my company accountant as HMRC obviously know about the Polestar 2. Cheers for the info.
They obviously chose the wrong fuel type. Needs to be 'Electricity' ;)

But they also must have put a ridiculous CO2 figure for it to be £10k. I think they just bashed some random keys instead of asking when they didn't know...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They obviously chose the wrong fuel type. Needs to be 'Electricity' ;)

But they also must have put a ridiculous CO2 figure for it to be £10k. I think they just bashed some random keys instead of asking when they didn't know...
HMRC have admitted they made a mistake and will re-issue, so it does pay to read all those brown envelopes carefully and not throw them to the back of the drawer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts