Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I’m excited to say I’ll be leasing a P2 soon through my company here in London. I’ll have the contracts next week and once I sign they’ll shoot the order out for my MY23 Thunder Single-Motor Long-Range + Plus pack.
Does anyone have any idea on the situation around deliveries/delays? I’m aware of all the shortages the industry is facing but the initial estimate from my guys is September. That’s 5-6 months waiting and it feels like a really long time (the feeling is further exaggerated by my excitement and anticipation to get behind that wheel!).
Thanks!

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Hi everyone! I’m excited to say I’ll be leasing a P2 soon through my company here in London. I’ll have the contracts next week and once I sign they’ll shoot the order out for my MY23 Thunder Single-Motor Long-Range + Plus pack.
Does anyone have any idea on the situation around deliveries/delays? I’m aware of all the shortages the industry is facing but the initial estimate from my guys is September. That’s 5-6 months waiting and it feels like a really long time (the feeling is further exaggerated by my excitement and anticipation to get behind that wheel!).
Thanks!
A bit of unknown at present as they are releasing the new model year with MY22 orders still unfulfilled. September could be doable but it may be longer depending on parts etc.

· Registered
LRDM Pilot/ Plus/Performance/Enhanced s/u. Snow.
230 Posts
Thanks!
Compared to other Manufacturers the waiting time for the Polestar 2 is very good at a 5-6mths.
VW/AUDI/BMW are all much longer than that... Even Hyundai (Ioniq 5)..which I gave up on after 5mths being quoted 3mths at the time of order.
Ordered my Polestar 2 with all the packs mid Febuary... Delivery date went from May... July... to August in the week after and has remained at this date of August since... which I hope to be accurate this time.

· Registered
31 Posts
I ordered my P2 in mid-March with an initial delivery date of July. This changed to August last month. Noticed today that the configurator has been updated and there is a replacement 20” wheel option which I really don’t like. I hope my order doesn’t include this new wheel as my order confirmation states the previous wheel option. If it’s been confirmed with the previous wheel option, I’ll be extremely disappointed if this is changed now.

· Registered
230 Posts
I ordered my P2 in mid-March with an initial delivery date of July. This changed to August last month. Noticed today that the configurator has been updated and there is a replacement 20” wheel option which I really don’t like. I hope my order doesn’t include this new wheel as my order confirmation states the previous wheel option. If it’s been confirmed with the previous wheel option, I’ll be extremely disappointed if this is changed now.
I would contact CS and make it clear that you want the 20inch wheel you ordered.... which in my humble opinion is what I think you will get... This new wheel style will apply to orders made now.
Delivery dates are extremely unpredictable at present... But again i think you will be OK for August as is mine.

· Registered
31 Posts
I would contact CS and make it clear that you want the 20inch wheel you ordered.... which in my humble opinion is what I think you will get... This new wheel style will apply to orders made now.
Delivery dates are extremely unpredictable at present... But again i think you will be OK for August as is mine.
Thanks. I spoke to PS last night via ‘chat’ who confirmed that my order is a MY22 spec so will have the original ordered wheels. Confirmed build spot of May and then 8 weeks shipping.

· Registered
LRSM - Magnesium
28 Posts
I have just come off a chat with CS. They told me my order, placed on 24th March, is going through a stock match process where they hope to find a matching car as a MY22. If not then they will come back with options on a MY23 car. Price will be protected to my order date. Sounds to me like a September delivery at best. I ordered Void, do you think I will be offered Magnesium which is the new no cost colour?

· Registered
230 Posts
Thanks. I spoke to PS last night via ‘chat’ who confirmed that my order is a MY22 spec so will have the original ordered wheels. Confirmed build spot of May and then 8 weeks shipping.
Mine has just been pushed to September from August... Still going to be a MY22.. so it may well apply to your car also... Worth checking... but judging by my conversation with CS on Monday your unlikely to get anything positive from Polestar at present.

· Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the update. The P app showing a delivery date of September but Lex, who I ordered via with work, stating August. I think I’ll expect September. Looking forward to it arriving and each delay message is a right pain.

· Registered
SMLR Thunder, Pilot, Plus on 19’s
20 Posts
Thanks!

· Registered
SMLR Thunder, Pilot, Plus on 19’s
20 Posts
Thanks!

· Registered
31 Posts
Mine has just been pushed to September from August... Still going to be a MY22.. so it may well apply to your car also... Worth checking... but judging by my conversation with CS on Monday your unlikely to get anything positive from Polestar at present.
Not happy! Another delay on my P2. Delivery now pushed from September to October. Ordered in March with an expected delivery of July then changed to August, September, and now October. I’m now on the brink of cancelling the order.

· Registered
230 Posts
Not happy! Another delay on my P2. Delivery now pushed from September to October. Ordered in March with an expected delivery of July then changed to August, September, and now October. I’m now on the brink of cancelling the order.
Yes me to..
Bl**dy joke.. This lot is worse than Hyundai which I cancelled in February after being "taken for a ride for 3mths".
Unfortunately there is no escape from this... Order another make... and your back to the beginning again.. With the very strong probability that you will be given a guestimate delivery date to start with.. and then fed more dates as the year goes on.
Also nothing Polestar would like more... than for you/me/and anybody else in the same position than to cancel our orders... As prices and interest rates have increased considerably since we placed our order... which they are now missing out on with back orders.
I've even seen on here.. customers who have ordered MY23 cars have been quoted September delivery... More lies and bullsh*t.
What else can we do about it as customers... Nothing... They.. the manufacturers have complete control over us... And that's the most annoying part of this whole situation.
I don't believe anything regarding dates given now as it will be a year come "October" if that's now the case... since this whole EV farce started for me.. and I've been without a car.
Only positive from this saga is that i've managed to save a lot more money increasing every month which would have been financing the car had it arrived on date given at time of order.

· Registered
31 Posts
It’s so annoying and as you say, they’ve got us over a barrel. There doesn’t seem to be any consistency on delivery dates after cars are being ordered. PS need to sort this quickly or they’ll quickly start to lose brand reputation so early in their start up.

· Registered
153 Posts
Heliharris is spot on - this is becoming a joke. Why can’t they manage expectations better? You have to always go looking for information instead of at least receiving an email or other form of communication from them! I logged on today to see that my order 23/02/ 22 had moved again from September to October ……grrrrrrr!

· Registered
230 Posts
Heliharris is spot on - this is becoming a joke. Why can’t they manage expectations better? You have to always go looking for information instead of at least receiving an email or other form of communication from them! I logged on today to see that my order 23/02/ 22 had moved again from September to October ……grrrrrrr!
Yes... No email has been sent to me.
As I just log in to my account at the start of each new month to check the latest "news" I wouldn't have known.
If it wasn't for this forums "word of mouth" i wouldn't have know this until June.
I'm not bothering to contact CS again... as last time I did it was just a waste of time... as the young girl i spoke to... As pleasant as she was... Knew absolutely nothing and "had to find out" and get back to me... Which she did and still told me nothing regarding other questions I put to her.
Complete ignorance and couldn't care less about customers... Take it or leave it is the attitude.. As they know there's at least 10 customers ready to snap up our cancelled orders if we chose to do so.

· Registered
230 Posts
My 03/03/2022 order was initially set for August and a quick check today, now shows October :-(
I have the basic Void/Single motor on order.

I did get a little excited when I saw this banner when I logged in, what a tease!!
View attachment 13880
I'm sorry... But that's not a tease..... It's taking the P**s... I say it as it is.
Complete and utter contempt.
That's been showing on mine since the beginning of April... I thought it was "on its way" for delivery in May when I ordered it back in February. Its changed 4 times since then.. 2 times the week after ordering.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts