Polestar Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
I wouldn’t believe any expected date supplied by Polestar! Ordered my DMLR plus/pilot/perf in mid March and the delivery date has changed at least 5 times and now holds at Dec 22. Their whole communication process by way of dates etc isn’t fit for purpose and all it does is make their customers frustrated and disappointed on a regular basis. Such a shame for a new brand. My ‘expected delivery date’ will be when I see the delivery truck arrive at my drive!

· Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn’t believe any expected date supplied by Polestar! Ordered my DMLR plus/pilot/perf in mid March and the delivery date has changed at least 5 times and now holds at Dec 22. Their whole communication process by way of dates etc isn’t fit for purpose and all it does is make their customers frustrated and disappointed on a regular basis. Such a shame for a new brand. My ‘expected delivery date’ will be when I see the delivery truck arrive at my drive!
First world problem though isn't it!
Its not like we are coming out of a worldwide pandemic, China has been in lockdown again several times which will massively effect the order dates - is the factory even open at the moment??? I think our just let covid run rife strategy makes us forget that the whole world is still dealing with it in different ways.
Delivery Dates - Its the same, if not worse for all brands. A have a friend, who has many more first world problems than I do, and he's been waiting 2 yrs for his electric Porsche - and still isn't sure when its coming.

Then there's the war going on....

What do you want from Polestar? Text message every week saying it will be December. I'd rather it be like it is - that if you need to ask them anything the chat online is really quite quick - and you get an email for each stage of the order out of the blue, which cheers you up every now and then.

You could always get one of those soulless Musk things..... :)

· Registered
667 Posts
I'm wondering if this is also a RHD v LHD impact. With most of the markets being LHD, it is a guess that build schedules are planned with ships delivering batches of say RHD cars all simultaneously to AUS/UK etc.💆‍♂️
Tesla do this. Most of (if not all) their RHD cars now come from the plant in China and in markets like AU/NZ they would, at least initially, build up orders for a while and then build a batch. But Fiat/Alfa used to do that years ago to so nothing really new there.

Reactions: SoloS

· Registered
31 Posts
First world problem though isn't it!
Its not like we are coming out of a worldwide pandemic, China has been in lockdown again several times which will massively effect the order dates - is the factory even open at the moment??? I think our just let covid run rife strategy makes us forget that the whole world is still dealing with it in different ways.
Delivery Dates - Its the same, if not worse for all brands. A have a friend, who has many more first world problems than I do, and he's been waiting 2 yrs for his electric Porsche - and still isn't sure when its coming.

Then there's the war going on....

What do you want from Polestar? Text message every week saying it will be December. I'd rather it be like it is - that if you need to ask them anything the chat online is really quite quick - and you get an email for each stage of the order out of the blue, which cheers you up every now and then.

You could always get one of those soulless Musk things..... :)
Goodness me! There’s always one eh! Thank you for pointing out that this is a first world problem and that Covid has been a big issue. I appreciate the insight. This is simply about a service issue with their communication platform. I have no issues by way of the delays. I just want accurate communication that aligns with the chat service detail provided. If PS can’t provide that right now, then pull the portal until it’s accurate. My experience, by way of service, has been very poor right from the start.

· Registered
10 Posts
Hey, I've been stalking the forums for a while, but have never posted. I have a 13/09 estimated delivery according to the JSON thingy. Logged in to Polestar ID this morning to see that I have been given a reg number. I then spoke to Polestar chat to try and find out more and it looks like my car is arriving in the UK around mid August. I hope this helps some people :)

· Registered
9 Posts
Hey, I've been stalking the forums for a while, but have never posted. I have a 13/09 estimated delivery according to the JSON thingy. Logged in to Polestar ID this morning to see that I have been given a reg number. I then spoke to Polestar chat to try and find out more and it looks like my car is arriving in the UK around mid August. I hope this helps some people :)
What is this JSON thingy you speak of please?

· Registered
42 Posts
As I wasn’t getting any real info from the JSON as I ordered a pre-configured car (on Monday), I contacted CS via chat and was told that my car is built and on the way to the UK, estimate delivery early October (website says early November for me). Dunno if that means it’s on a boat or not though.

· Registered
120 Posts
What is this JSON thingy you speak of please?

· Registered
9 Posts
Just tried this and it works great. Thanks for the info. 👍

· Registered
40 Posts
Cheers for the information @thejonesy66, found my estimated delivery date as 14th September 2022 😬

· Registered
P*2 LRDM (Pilot Lite & Plus) in Midnight - MY22
18 Posts
As I wasn’t getting any real info from the JSON as I ordered a pre-configured car (on Monday), I contacted CS via chat and was told that my car is built and on the way to the UK, estimate delivery early October (website says early November for me). Dunno if that means it’s on a boat or not though.
Same with me - ordered a pre-config on Monday and was given the "early November" estimate at point of order, and in my account. CS said to me that it's already on a ship, but not arriving in the UK until mid September, with a potential Oct delivery. So, that seems to line up with your experience?

· Registered
5 Posts
Mine is on lease deal direct through Polestar and ordered on 15th Feb. Same delivery timescales for me - Hopefully end September..... (Was May, then July, then August, then October...) The world is a bit messed up right now, so pretty understandable. I just wish I wasn't spending £500/mth on Diesel any more just to commute.
Update on this too - I've had an email this morning with Reg no and VIN and that they are just awaiting my signature to finalise lease detail before arranging delivery o_O

· Registered
42 Posts
Same with me - ordered a pre-config on Monday and was given the "early November" estimate at point of order, and in my account. CS said to me that it's already on a ship, but not arriving in the UK until mid September, with a potential Oct delivery. So, that seems to line up with your experience?
Yeah think so. Going by your profile it looks like you nabbed the one I was wanting :) It went just before I hit the order button. Ended up with LRDM Void with only Plus and not Pilot. Now we just need to find out which boat it is on so we can stalk it - that was one of the fun bits when I ordered my X3M.

· Registered
P*2 LRDM (Pilot Lite & Plus) in Midnight - MY22
18 Posts
Yeah think so. Going by your profile it looks like you nabbed the one I was wanting :) It went just before I hit the order button. Ended up with LRDM Void with only Plus and not Pilot. Now we just need to find out which boat it is on so we can stalk it - that was one of the fun bits when I ordered my X3M.
They go so fast, it's unbelievable. A couple I tried, over the last few weeks, all disappeared!

Struggling to work out which ship it's on, that's for sure! The order2delivery JSON isn't useful as most of the fields haven't been filled (estimatedDelivery, earliestHandover etc) - but at least it's built and on the way... hopefully ;)

· Registered
SRSM, Pilot lite & Plus,Midnight
117 Posts
I'm not sure JSON, P* CS or seaweed is a good thing to be using for a delivery estimate
  1. My Polestar order screen shows January 2023 delivery (well behind the original Oct delivery)
  2. JSON still shows October 2022 delivery and it's recently updated it's data but January is on the order screen so it must be getting it's data from somewhere.
  3. P* CS recently stated December/January (why am I having problems believing this?)
Looking at the comments I suspect we are seeing batch build, not just LHD/RHD but colour and then spec. Add to this a shiping .......

101 - 120 of 160 Posts