Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to use the ChargePoint app for Instavolt so I could track my usage, however there is now an InstaVolt App if you want to use that for Charging instead.
Yes you can still just use a credit card, however it's useful if you want to track charges both kWh and Prices (inc VAT)

There is a referral scheme (applies once the person charges 10+kWh).

If anyone would like to use my code it is: w5HDm

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have tried signing up but have not received the verification email....will use your code once I get it setup (and I get my car!)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Feel free to post your own codes ... people can then choose who they wish to benefit.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Hmm, I was told some weeks ago that only an iOS version was about to come out... oh well. Installing it now... The confirmation email code went straight to spam by the way so you might need to look in there.

Looks like they accept putting a credit/debit card into the account so there's no need for stupid pre-payment schemes! Happy days!

One day I'll be able to drive far enough to need one. Until total lockdown came, I was nipping out to the BP Pulse ones to charge up for free, and just to get out of the house (and go for a walk by myself or with the wife, away from everyone else).

Happy to use your referral code, @GDank .

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
The cheeky lot have just taken £1 off my credit card and put it onto my account even though I've strictly signed up as credit card only!!!

A very stern email has been sent to get it back!

And if it's just a test amount to confirm it's a valid card, that's fine, but it should be explained, rather than the first thing you get is an email saying £1 has been taken off your card (confirmed with a quick look at my NatWest app).

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
Ok, to be fair, firstly I had an InstaResponse ;) this morning first thing, so thanks to them for that. It is shown in small writing at the top of the "put your credit card details in here" page but these days most people (I would suggest) simply see the fields and fill them in. Probably I should read them better, but... I have pointed out that I can't see the reason for basically taking a pre-payment of £1 when other such apps simply do a provisional authorisation on the card, as indeed the chargers themselves do, and this will generate lots of "Why has £1 been taken off my credit card?" questions. I know it's only £1 but that's not really the point.

Anyway kudos to InstaVolt for coming straight back to me and offering to refund it.

Well, they said they wanted app feedback ;)

In other respects the app seems very well written - looking forward to trying it when we can leave the village, and seeing what information is provided while charging.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In other respects the app seems very well written - looking forward to trying it when we can leave the village, and seeing what information is provided while charging.
I would suggest that BP Pulse take a look at this app and see what they are doing wrong.

Amusingly, I took my car to the local Pulse fast charger and (whilst waiting to get up to 80% - agonisingly slow with a cold battery) I was playing with stuff as you do. When leaving home Google in the car correctly showed that the charger was available; when plugged in it showed that the charger was not available. The BP Pulse app, however, claimed that the charger was available throughout. I hope (and suspect) that Instavolt will do better.

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
To be fair, when I was on a BP Pulse charger last week, it did correctly show it as being in use when I was using it, but it does seem a bit variable.

I gather however that no information on charging rate or battery state of charge is shown on the InstaVolt app, which means in reality all it's useful for is claiming reward points from a charge, since you'll go to ZapMap first anyway to read the comments in case it's an unreliable one (very, very rare with InstaVolt thankfully, but checking ZapMap becomes a force of habit).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts