Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just tried to get a quote for my car, unfortunately Admiral - who listed the Polestar 2 - declined the quote . . no reason given. However they quoted for my current car and for my wifes without an issue. It could be something to do with it being a lease, but no idea why that would be.
LV only have the Polestar 1 on their current list.
Are there any members who have successfully had an insurance quote for their Polestar 2 yet, and if they would like to share the insurance company names . .
Cheers

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got a quote from admiral via compare the market, and also elephant but they’re the same company. Haven’t seen any others losing the P*2 yet

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just quoted by Admiral via Compare The Market
Senior Driver (me)
Admiral £704.08
Diamond £716.80
Ford £722.40
Excesses £250 voluntary £350 compulsary.
I had hoped for lower quotes. Clean licence. Extra driver (my wife senior) clean licence.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I already know mine will be £450-550.

Every car I've owned in the past 10 years has cost this at my current house.

Off street parking, but no garage.
Both me and my wife 9+ no claims except the stolen Jag F-Pace, but even then it didn't affect my cost.

A £7000 Audi A3 was £450, my Stinger is £500, and the Jag was £550.
Before that a Sorento and Lexus both £450-500ish.

Everyone I talk too locally with similar driveway and history / no claims is the same as well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What's the XS, that's pretty good price. I ran one some time ago and came out at around £480. I think this will have come down as more insurers can quote it now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Update on my high quote from Admiral.

I spoke to their sales desk (they were very helpful) and found that instead of 7000 annual miles I had put 70000!!!! annual miles. My quote is now £366. I am very happy. This is a great example of how the Polestar 2 forum can be very helpful.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have posted this before, but don't forget that Go Compare are giving £250 free excess policy if you go through them, which helps. (No i'm not on commission!, other comparison sites are available, all details and prices correct at the time of posting.)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just accepted £468 from Go Compare for £500 total excess because you get the £250 excess policy which helps.
2 drivers 65 & 57, 10k p.a., protected NCB, SDP&C, Postcode group A, 14 years NCB, kept on drive

Comparison sites vary enormously from minute to minute but I get nowhere near many of the folks on here that got prices like £271, 320,334, 294. Admiral couldn't (or wouldn't) explain it.

My advise - if you have a low quote grab it now.
Tip -windscreen repair/replace excesses have crept up a lot too, be careful

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got £356 through comparethemarket for Admiral. Fully comp £600 total excess. Admiral won't place the insurance until I've got a registration number though (they refused to do it on the VIN)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Compare the market showed quotes from £350 to £750. Found that Direct Line would use my existing policy from by sold 9-year-old Ford Focus at no extra cost.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I got £356 through comparethemarket for Admiral. Fully comp £600 total excess. Admiral won't place the insurance until I've got a registration number though (they refused to do it on the VIN)
Do try GoCompare for their free £250 excess offer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Worth looking at NFU - £360/year (married couple, clean record, age in 50’s, 10k miles, group B postcode, multi-car policy, £1000 excess). Admiral also quoted, at slightly more (£385).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Worth looking at NFU - £360/year (married couple, clean record, age in 50’s, 10k miles, group B postcode, multi-car policy, £1000 excess). Admiral also quoted, at slightly more (£385).
NFU must have their underwriter sorted now. When I asked them to quote a couple of weeks ago they were 20% more than Admiral. I’ll go back to them at renewal time if they are competitive, they are a good company.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts