Polestar Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
NFU at £360, they were over 900 a couple of weeks ago for a married couple with clean license, garaged and good postcode area. They were competitive with others for a VW T5 campervan. I would have liked the NFU because their insurance always included European travel, while the one I am with at the moment only insures to the minimum on European travel, so always end up paying £50 every time I travel abroad. What happens when the disastrous Brexit time arrives will be interesting for insurance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
NFU went to the underwriter, after a fortnight I rang them again and they contacted the underwriter again and, as a I need it for tomorrow, they “matched the price to a similar car”. (It does say Polestar 2 with my reg. in the documents).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have cover through my existing insurance with Direct Line but trying to get a better cost. I have been told this afternoon that LV will not insure the Polestar 2 and despite it being available on their website listing, they will not be offering insurance on the Polestar 1 either. The call handler was unable to give any further information. Now going to try the other recommendations from this thread as Admiral's website does not seem to like me!:confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have cover through my existing insurance with Direct Line but trying to get a better cost. I have been told this afternoon that LV will not insure the Polestar 2 and despite it being available on their website listing, they will not be offering insurance on the Polestar 1 either. The call handler was unable to give any further information. Now going to try the other recommendations from this thread as Admiral's website does not seem to like me!:confused:
I suspect most insurance companies are now catching up with Admiral and associated names. I could not insure mine with LV, my current insurers, last week but called them today and they have the Polestar listed and were happy to quote and insure both my cars. So all done and dusted. Not sure if it because I am an existing customer though.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
My current policy is with Axa, who won't cover it. Like others, Admiral is my current cheapest at ~£310 (10k miles p/a and 17 years no claims). Just hoping to find another as i have a rational hatred of Admiral and all their spin offs due to poor customer experience some years ago. I swore never again!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Got a few quotes today. Admiral the cheapest by miles. NFU and LV reasonable but only with a high excess. Direct line the most expensive.

aside: does anyone else who is leasing have a clause in their contract about a max excess?

·
Registered
148 Posts
aside: does anyone else who is leasing have a clause in their contract about a max excess?
Update: I contacted Leaseplan about the max excess clause and they said it's not something they're too strict about as long as you're insured fully comp.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In the end, Admiral was ~£450 fully comp with 9y protected NCB, 8k miles, including business use and legal protection. £600 total damage excess. Just me and my wife (early 40s) as drivers. Kept on a drive.

I've used them before and the customer services is OK, but they always crank up the price a lot after the first year so fully expecting to shop around again!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts